• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In this management style, you cannot have pilots working three days per week nor swapping nor dropping. It just causes too much animosity amongst other groups in the airline. That's why you see pilots having to share bathrooms with rampers. Expectation Management is what it's called and the MEC is on board with it.

I once asked about automatic release upon completion of reserve assignment. It is NOT MY JOB to remind scheduling where I am!

I was told that it was unreasonable to be automatically released. They would not even consider negotiating for it in the next contract. I was told reserve sucks and basically to get over it. If/when I am off reserve I still want this even though it won't benefit me personally. That is our basic problem. The people in charge of negotiating out QOL only think of themselves.

Other airlines have this. This is but one example where our ALPA leadership fails to even achieve parity with others.

I once asked about automatic release upon completion of reserve assignment. It is NOT MY JOB to remind scheduling where I am!

I was told that it was unreasonable to be automatically released. They would not even consider negotiating for it in the next contract. I was told reserve sucks and basically to get over it. If/when I am off reserve I still want this even though it won't benefit me personally. That is our basic problem. The people in charge of negotiating out QOL only think of themselves.

Other airlines have this. This is but one example where our ALPA leadership fails to even achieve parity with others.

You will be glad to know that we have this at XJT, release if there is nothing on your schedule 15min after block in, no need to call sched. just check the computer.

Not exactly. Fences will be put in place (I'm guessing 3-5 years) that will prevent intermingling of the pilot groups. So it will be at least that long before any XJT people are reps in ATL or IAD. And how many XJT pilots will actually transfer to ATL or IAD? Prolly not enough to win an election. Then again as apathetic as the ASA pilot group is it may only take a handful....

Remember the furlough fund? 12% participation.
LEC elections? 30% participation.

We are PATHETIC! LOL!

Of course the combined MEC will be able to roll call everything in XJT's favor almost immediately....just sayin'.

Fences have to do with standing bids so our seats and domiciles will be protected. So it's safe to assume that the LECs (domicile-specific) will be consistent with what we have now. But after SLI there will be elections for MEC (company-wide) officials and since XE has the greater number of pilots the new MEC will probably be made up of former XE reps.

And generally fences only protect current positions. New positions and resultant vacancies are generally open to all pilots, depending of course on the specific terms of the agreement. It's all open to negotiation.

Not exactly. Fences will be put in place (I'm guessing 3-5 years) that will prevent intermingling of the pilot groups.

Why is there all this talk about fences?? Why does everyone think we need to have them? I'm wondering what the benefit of a fence will give us?

My opinion is no fences. Everything is kept separate until we are awarded the SOC. After we get SOC, when there is a vacancy, everyone in the combined company can bid for it. No displacement bids, no mass bid with everyone in the company switching around. If 10 captain slots in IAD become vacant, bid for those 10 slots and thats it. If 10 captain slots in IAH, same thing. DAL/NWA had 1 fence in the entire merger that combined 12,000 pilots and 9 bases--why should we need any?

You will be glad to know that we have this at XJT, release if there is nothing on your schedule 15min after block in, no need to call sched. just check the computer.

At SkyWest, if not expressly notified by the company (they cannot use ACARS for this), we don't even need to check the computer. I just leave the aircraft and go home.

At SkyWest, if not expressly notified by the company (they cannot use ACARS for this), we don't even need to check the computer. I just leave the aircraft and go home.

THIS IS MY POINT!!!

ASA scheduling has a culture that will not release control. Our reps won't even try and push for this next contract. I hope this merger can fix some of our reps ATTITUDES.

I hope all the Expressjet guys read our contract VERY carefully, this is your future if you aren't careful.

THIS IS MY POINT!!!

ASA scheduling has a culture that will not release control. Our reps won't even try and push for this next contract. I hope this merger can fix some of our reps ATTITUDES.

I hope all the Expressjet guys read our contract VERY carefully, this is your future if you aren't careful.

Voting all our reps out of office will damn sure fix some attitudes! Once people get drilled in the butt by our crap PBS agreement for a while, I think our pathetic pilot group may finally wake up and do what sorely needs to be done.

If our guys won't do it, the XJET guys sure as hell will!

-Enjoy that 6 hrs per day while it lasts.

Voting all our reps out of office will damn sure fix some attitudes! -Enjoy that 6 hrs per day while it lasts.

yeh but the same clowns just run again or the ousted ones just end up on a committee look at the PBS dude, now in charge of the neg team :angryfire

we need to take back that 6 hr crap we only get 4 for PCs! ok compromise and we both get 5 hrs! :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back