• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes we are short staffed and have been for some time. Our Mekong pilots just departed for Viet Nam. And yet no action from company in relief. Perhaps even more Chief Pilot harassment/intimidation is in order to keep us buoyed up. I wonder how much longer our management expects us (especially the reserves) to be able to continue with their efficient scheduling model before they run us into the ground.

You speak wisdom. Are you Jesus?

It doesn't seem as though we are gaining ground in regard to our staffing. We're still short First Officers, even with the furloughs back. We have Captains in training, right now, but there are fewer in training than we are losing to Vietnam. In addition to this, there are numberous that are in the pool for Delta. From what I hear, they are due a class somewhere around November. That means we're going to be heading into the holidays short staffed. What is the deal here- how long do we wait to get this show on the road and start making progress?

Last year, I didn't mind busting tail to get through the summer, because I knew I would have plenty of time off in the fall to recoup. This doesn't seem to be the case. I also knew that if we worked hard, we'd catch a break with growth and airframes. Thus far, the only "reward" has been a "merger" that will probably degrade my QOL and seniority.

It doesn't seem as though we are gaining ground in regard to our staffing. We're still short First Officers, even with the furloughs back. We have Captains in training, right now, but there are fewer in training than we are losing to Vietnam. In addition to this, there are numberous that are in the pool for Delta. From what I hear, they are due a class somewhere around November. That means we're going to be heading into the holidays short staffed. What is the deal here- how long do we wait to get this show on the road and start making progress?

Last year, I didn't mind busting tail to get through the summer, because I knew I would have plenty of time off in the fall to recoup. This doesn't seem to be the case. I also knew that if we worked hard, we'd catch a break with growth and airframes. Thus far, the only "reward" has been a "merger" that will probably degrade my QOL and seniority.

Quit yer freakin whining and go call scheduling!!!:bawling:

They need someone to reposition aircraft from A-Tech!!!:beer:

Wonder if there is any chance we could get our union to grieve Section 24 A 2:

2. The Company will use best efforts to provide an adequate number of
pilots (including reserves) to cover the scheduled time, vacations, training
and known sick leave, military leave, and attrition.

I crack myself up :laugh: :rolleyes:

Wonder if there is any chance we could get our union to grieve Section 24 A 2:

2. The Company will use best efforts to provide an adequate number of
pilots (including reserves) to cover the scheduled time, vacations, training
and known sick leave, military leave, and attrition.

I crack myself up :laugh: :rolleyes:

Can we get them to do anything other than confiscate our 2% for the opportunity of watching them suck on mgmt's wanks? I swear to GOD-there has never been so much kissing of the company's butt in the history of ASA. I don't think any of these people understand that they are getting paid to represent us-not to run the freaking company!!

-I would definitely vote for a complete MEC recall if such a thing were to come up. As long as they were not replaced with Joe Merchant and company.

Last edited:
Can we get them to do anything other than confiscate our 2% for the opportunity of watching them suck on mgmt's wanks? I swear to GOD-there has never been so much kissing of the company's butt in the history of ASA. I don't think any of these people understand that they are getting paid to represent us-not to run the freaking company!!

-I would definitely vote for a complete MEC recall if such a thing were to come up. As long as they were not replaced with Joe Merchant and company.

You will pay your 2% and like it. And why are you watching people suck wanks?

Those of us who understand the reality of the industry realize that what is good for the company is also good for us....We came very close to being CMR....Idiots like you can't comprehend that....

Those of us who understand the reality of the industry realize that what is good for the company is also good for us....We came very close to being CMR....Idiots like you can't comprehend that....

Idiots like me also don't try to hijack the union for the RJDC!

-That was a class move for the ages, d-bag!

Last edited:
Idiots like me also don't try to hijack the union for the RJDC!

-That was a class move for the ages, d-bag!

:crying::crying::crying:

You don't even understand what RJDC was about....You are too stupid to figure it all out...I didn't try to hijack anything...

You got your way..The PID and RJDC failed..now you get to compete with everyone for flying...Enjoy the competition.....

:crying::crying::crying:

You don't even understand what RJDC was about....You are too stupid to figure it all out...I didn't try to hijack anything...

You got your way..The PID and RJDC failed..now you get to compete with everyone for flying...Enjoy the competition.....

I know EXACTLY what the RJDC was about! It is central to the reason that people from XJET, Mesaba, Compass, Eagle, etc. are at majors way the hell ahead of any of your RJDC pals... In my opinion. it was a thinly-veiled attempt at sneaking on the list at a major at advanced status rather than accepting a staple. You could have scarcely created more enemies at mainline had you whipped it out in the hallway and just pissed on their shoes.

-You and your inbred Comair RJDC pals screwed our whole pilot group to the wall! We became the black sheep, the step-children, the riff-raff, the barbie-jet trash. We all deserved much better! The only person to benefit in any way from that case was the lawyer who represented the RJDC. We certainly would all be much better off if that whole mess had never happened.

-Call me what you like, but I will always remain convinced that the RJDC did far more harm to all of us than anything else in our collective careers.

-Gen Lee and I are not best buds, but we damn sure agree that the RJDC was one of the worst ideas ever to come to pass in our industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back