• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious if anyone else has heard we are ramping up to hire the Express Jet furloughs into the ASA system? From what I've heard, we're getting an indoc program in place to train 170ish pilots. This is what my intel says, anyway. No interviewing, just training.

This is correct.

I am hearing similar rumors, but I also know who killed JFK (Sr. and Jr.).

SH said in the crew lounge that "if we were to hire" it would be from the xjet furloughs. I personally think this will happen this Fall. Also, I think that if we did, it must mean management is very confident that the merger will go off without any problems otherwise we would be sitting on pilots that had no interview from a company that we never merged with?? That just sounds funny but what do I know, I have been wrong before.

Until computers and computer modeling came around, it wasn't as easy to tell what is most efficient for the whole group.

You really are a complete mgmt wanna-be-toadie, aren't you? Even they are smart enough to see what a complete dumbass bastard they are dealing with! I sure wouldn't get my hopes up about moving up the ol' corporate ladder if I were you.

-Computer modeling? Really? You couldn't come up with anything better!??!

-Would you like to give it another try--or do you really think we are all so completely brain-dead as to buy something so lame?

You really are a complete mgmt wanna-be-toadie, aren't you? Even they are smart enough to see what a complete dumbass bastard they are dealing with! I sure wouldn't get my hopes up about moving up the ol' corporate ladder if I were you.

-Computer modeling? Really? You couldn't come up with anything better!??!

-Would you like to give it another try--or do you really think we are all so completely brain-dead as to buy something so lame?

I think that if you don't understand that computers have made many industries more efficient, including ours you have no business in an aircraft.

I also think that if you're not smart enough to understand the difference between your schedule's hour efficiency and the overall schedule's manpower efficiency, you aren't worth wasting time on. There is a reason that 4 days came back with a vengence when we became short staffed. A schedule with a ton of 4 days requires fewer crew members. Plain and simple. This isn't rocket science.

This thread has taken a life of its own....what was the original topic again? Actually, its no different than every other thread on here. Carry on.

SH said in the crew lounge that "if we were to hire" it would be from the xjet furloughs. I personally think this will happen this Fall. Also, I think that if we did, it must mean management is very confident that the merger will go off without any problems otherwise we would be sitting on pilots that had no interview from a company that we never merged with?? That just sounds funny but what do I know, I have been wrong before.

The new focus of this thread is SAYREJM's avatar!!!

Holy crap!!

War Eagle and all that sheeeet!!!

If we merge does that mean we will get new union leadership? Some who don't bend over so easy for Brad would be nice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back