• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC response to loss of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are many at skywest that would welcome a merged list and then a skywest Inc in house union with over 7000 pilots.

Cybourg10,Nevets, and aircombat...

Let me turn this around. Based on the job we do now compared to 30 years ago and based on inflation, the job we do now should pay about 250K a year with a pension plan that pays about 150k a year starting at age 60...Shouldn't we push for that? That's what this job paid then....Why not push for that?

Minor league ball players don't make major league pay. You gotta make the jump, and Joe wasn't qualified years ago. Bad attitude.

OYS

Last edited:
Joe-

I'll ask again, what concessions are you willing to give? I vote that you senior lifers go back to $75/hr and fly 99 hrs a month. That should make ASA competotive again. We can't afford to pay you six figures to work 12 days a month anymore, sorry. If you want that kind of money and schedules go to a major but until then stop dragging us down down with your inflated union salary and benefits.

Joe-

I'll ask again, what concessions are you willing to give? I vote that you senior lifers go back to $75/hr and fly 99 hrs a month. That should make ASA competotive again. We can't afford to pay you six figures to work 12 days a month anymore, sorry. If you want that kind of money and schedules go to a major but until then stop dragging us down down with your inflated union salary and benefits.

I agree....The majority of regional pilots don't plan on being lifers. Time to bring down pay at 10+ years. This will help bring costs down.

Minor league ball players don't make major league pay. You gotta make the jump, and Joe wasn't qualified years ago. Bad attitude.

OYS

The problem is that your fans are leaving your ballpark in droves to come to our games. If you guys aren't careful the only thing they will show up for of yours is international flights. I mean the allstar game. Pinnacle is now operating more flights out of DTW than anyone... including you. That my man is like standing there watching the third strike go by with the bat on your shoulder.

Joe, how much are you wanting to give back to the company? 10%? Vacation low? Maybe we should cap the pay scale at 8 years and build all schedules to 95 hrs. Will that make you feel better about our future bidding chances?

XJT won the UAL RFP in 2009 with some of the highest labor costs and the bid was/is profitable! How did we win that bid without PBS or sub-par 401k matching?

Capping the payscale at 8 years. I like it. That should get some of the 15 year FOs who are either too chickensh*t or too lazy to upgrade to finally get motivated.

And not to mention, it would allow all the tough-talking senior captains (who think they paid all the dues in the world by flying commuter planes for 20 years by choice and think that everyone --except them of course-- needs to chip in to lower costs) to put their money where their mouth is. You'll be amazed (or maybe not) at how many of our Captains have this attitude at work.

Last edited:
i
I agree....The majority of regional pilots don't plan on being lifers. Time to bring down pay at 10+ years. This will help bring costs down.

Stooge. You think our costs are high because of senior pilots? Guess again. And while you're brain is overclocking, consider your $38 bucks an hour a "gift" from the old guys. Tell your wife she's welcome anytime at my place. I serve brand-name booze.

Why can't we just return to what this job paid 30 years ago adjusted for inflation? Why wait? Honestly what would be the harm?

How is my statement crazy? It is simply restoring what this job paid? How is that "crazy"?

ASA, CMR, and DAL should have consolidated back in 2000...However YOUR ALPA and our "colleagues" at DAL didn't want to...We could possibly merge with Skywest, but it will only happen if we agree to get rid of all the unions at ASA/XJT....Are you willing to do that? That is the only way it is going to happen.....

Joe, I was there of course, and YOU KNOW THAT ISN'T HOW IT HAPPENED. You guys wanted DOH, and we offered preferential hiring, which would have had you on property by now, doing well after the NWA/DAL SLI. Unless you knew 9-11 was coming, you should have considered it, but NO, you wanted DOH, which was just dumb. You were, and always have been FEED. You can't seem to understand that. Delta has never been "Delta, the ASA connection."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Joe was very instrumental in the "race to the bottom". He couldn't write his PFT check fast enough back in the 90s to get on at ASA. He swears it was the only way out of flight instructing too.

Latest resources

Back