ASA MEC response to loss of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,

I'm all for you taking back Delta flying. What bothers me greatly is how the almighty D has added yet another regional to the fray. The race to the bottom literally continues. Unlike Joe, I am unwilling to give up more to maintain the status quo. My hope is that one day we cease to exist because our pilots are needed at Delta, or other mainline carriers. This place sucks, and I can't wait until I get to leave for greener pastures. But until then, I will continue to push for a contract that makes life for my family and I more livable. Any sane man in this situation would do the same.

Amen!!!

GL,

I'm all for you taking back Delta flying. What bothers me greatly is how the almighty D has added yet another regional to the fray. The race to the bottom literally continues. Unlike Joe, I am unwilling to give up more to maintain the status quo. My hope is that one day we cease to exist because our pilots are needed at Delta, or other mainline carriers. This place sucks, and I can't wait until I get to leave for greener pastures. But until then, I will continue to push for a contract that makes life for my family and I more livable. Any sane man in this situation would do the same.

They are Delta's planes, and they did not add any more extra planes to the maximum allotted. If they own the planes, they can do what they want with them. I'd rather see them on this side, but that has to be negotiated, and I don't see any guys voting to give in to scope. You guys never negotiate scope for yourselves, so maybe you should consider that yourself next time.

OYS

Just to be clear, are you saying that a Judge imposed the scope rules on Delta pilots with them having no say whatsoever? I was pretty sure no mainline pilot group has EVER had anything imposed on them by a BK judge. They have ALWAYS voted to take what the judge suggested. Please correct me if I am wrong, at least in regards to Delta.

I wasn't here at the time, but what would you do if a bankruptcy judge told you to do something? Would you tell him no? Would you vote no and then just hope it would go away? Just wondering.

OYS

You guys never negotiate scope for yourselves, so maybe you should consider that yourself next time.

OYS

You would be incorrect to make that statement. More than one regional CBA has scope language in it. Unfortunately, just like when the legacies were in BK and there were external pressures, it's not worth the paper it was written on as has been demonstrated.

But the fact still remains, it's there. Saying regionals DON'T negotiate scope is a false statement.

GL,

Couldn't have said it better myself!

One would think the mainline pilot would want the highest paid regional with the best work rules flying their logo. Otherwise it's used against them eventually. Also with asa's need to realign cost... 2 rebrandings-move out of atech go back to atech-outsource certain maint-bring it back in. The list goes on and on highlighting the mismanagement. If it wasn't for the front line employees being professional and carrying the operation the numbers would be a darker shade of red. Gains we shall gains we must. FU-PM.

Let's not overlook what I consider the worst case of mismanagement by SH. Most have forgotten by now, but SH was actually ENCOURAGING our furloughs to go to HoJet and helping them get on with them. SH actually provided the newest bottom feeding, undercutting scumbag outfit with some of the pilots they're about to use to slice our throats. Thanks, Scott, you moron!

Speaking of Scott, let's not forget that priceless gem of an email saying it doesn't matter how we got here. thanks for all you do Scott and Brad

Let's not overlook what I consider the worst case of mismanagement by SH. Most have forgotten by now, but SH was actually ENCOURAGING our furloughs to go to HoJet and helping them get on with them. SH actually provided the newest bottom feeding, undercutting scumbag outfit with some of the pilots they're about to use to slice our throats. Thanks, Scott, you moron!

Yes, he encouraged them to apply to the ONLY airline hiring at the time, and he would recommend them all. Do you know how many of our furloughs who are there are responsible for Delta reallocating those airplanes to another carrier? ZERO.

Yes, he encouraged them to apply to the ONLY airline hiring at the time, and he would recommend them all. Do you know how many of our furloughs who are there are responsible for Delta reallocating those airplanes to another carrier? ZERO.

Recommending them to another airline is one thing, but recommending them to an airline which was purposely created to circumvent TSA's CBA is another. Might as well recommend they stab their fellow pilots in the back.

SH that moron, sure hasn't posted on the Co web site lately has he, CT must have given SH a spanking, or maybe he's in rehab :eek::laugh:

talk about cutting costs, eliminate SH's position, put his ass on line, on reserve :beer:

Latest resources

Back