• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC response to loss of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, he encouraged them to apply to the ONLY airline hiring at the time, and he would recommend them all. Do you know how many of our furloughs who are there are responsible for Delta reallocating those airplanes to another carrier? ZERO.

Im not blaming the pilots for the reallocation, and while I disagree with their choice to go to GoJet, they have the right to fly there. What I said and the point you missed is that SH sent CRJ qualified pilots that ASA paid to train to an airline that is now going to use those same pilots to undercut US! To make matters worse is that he did it in a time where qualified pilots are about to become harder and harder to find. Doesn't sound like good business sense to me.

Im not blaming the pilots for the reallocation, and while I disagree with their choice to go to GoJet, they have the right to fly there. What I said and the point you missed is that SH sent CRJ qualified pilots that ASA paid to train to an airline that is now going to use those same pilots to undercut US! To make matters worse is that he did it in a time where qualified pilots are about to become harder and harder to find. Doesn't sound like good business sense to me.

I wouldn't have picked GoJets either, given the choice. However, no other airline was hiring, everyone else was furloughing. Now, those who stayed there and didn't come back I'll give you a sliver of credit in that it hurt the ASA pilot group long term, but what does it tell you that they stayed there and opted not to come back? What does that say about ASA?

I'm fully aware that the pilots who were furloughed had great training at ASA and quite possibility they are some of the strongest pilots there, but Scooter didn't send them anywhere. No one was forced from ASA to GoJet. Get over it.

I wouldn't have picked GoJets either, given the choice. However, no other airline was hiring, everyone else was furloughing. Now, those who stayed there and didn't come back I'll give you a sliver of credit in that it hurt the ASA pilot group long term, but what does it tell you that they stayed there and opted not to come back? What does that say about ASA?

I'm fully aware that the pilots who were furloughed had great training at ASA and quite possibility they are some of the strongest pilots there, but Scooter didn't send them anywhere. No one was forced from ASA to GoJet. Get over it.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I don't think they really are hurting the ASa pilot group... management did that all on their own. ASa probably won't be around in 10 years anyway... if it is, it'll look a lot like ComAir. Sinking ship, get out while you can

Recommending them to another airline is one thing, but recommending them to an airline which was purposely created to circumvent TSA's CBA is another. Might as well recommend they stab their fellow pilots in the back.

The mighty *cough* ALPA represented Trans States pilots were given the opportunity to fly the planes at GoJet. They VOTED NO. They (and ALPO) puffed out their chests at Hulas then Hulas took a needle and popped their baloon. In fact the most senior pilots currently at GoJet CAME from TSA. Trans States MEC & ALPO screwed the TSA pilots through pure arrogance. How do I know this?? I was there. Get your facts straight.

It says they are now captains if they were qualified to upgrade.

I never said anyone forced those pilots to go to HoJet, what you keep missing is that SH actually helped our competition by helping them get staffed with pilots WE paid to train that they are about to use to undercut us. I can't say it any more simply than that, understand now?

While I agree that management is salivating over this shot across the bow, losing 8-13 airplanes does not benefit management either. This goes the same for performance.

Like it or not, we pay ALPA to represent us during negotiations. If we feel that they are not doing this well or inhibit a good relationship with our management, vote them out and consider an alternative. Otherwise, let your dues do the worrying (until we vote on a JCBA) and stop stressing yourselves out. Stress will not only damage your health, but also your happiness at home. Do yourselves and your family a favor and chill out.

Like SH or not...

I think what he did to help the furloughed guys was the right thing to do. They had families and responsibilities and suddenly found themselves out of a job. Nothing wrong with helping them. I think he was trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

The few who went to GoJets really had no negative effects on ASA (maybe a little lost in training cost...but thats chump change to the real money we waste). If / When I find myself out of a job - I would appreciate all the help I could get.

Now, personally, GoJets would be at the bottom of my list. The airline as a whole is a modern day scab airline. Mixed feelings I guess...would never condemn someone for trying to provide for their family...but hope they don't come looking for a jumpseat either.

Maybe SH can help us ALL get jobs at GJ's when they get all future contracts as they come up for bid! Why would we win any in the future if we couldn't keep this one????

PS....If I were under 1-2 yrs at ASA I would most definitely look at moving over to GJ, or Compass. That is where the jobs and growth will be for the next 3-5 yrs.

Latest resources

Back