scarlet

Doctor’s Note/Documentation Required​
Issue Date: 11/08/05
Exp. Date: 02/08/06​
INFORMATIONAL BULLETIN

FIB-49-05 Page 1 of 1​
Applicability All ASA Flight Attendants
Purpose​
The purpose of this Informational Bulletin is to inform all Flight Attendants about dates a
mandatory doctor’s note/documentation will be required during the Holiday Season.

Synopsis​
Flight Attendants will be required to submit documentation for any absence, sick or
miscellaneous, from Tuesday
November 21, 2005 through Tuesday January 3, 2006.

Effective
Date​
November 21, 2005

Action
Required​
Flight Attendants must submit a doctor’s note/documentation to their Inflight Supervisor upon
returning to work. Flight Attendants, who fail to submit documentation, may be required to do
so for each absence for a period of six (6) months.​
Contact​
Direct any questions regarding this bulletin to an Inflight Supervisor.

Nothing like make the people that serve your customers mad?????

What does say Dec. 10th have to do with anything?????

Get a Life EVA!!!!!

Sounds like there might be a lot of holiday sick calls, but not very many for the following 6 months.

Just another example of management treating us like children. They still, after all this time, figured out that if we were treated with respect as professionals that their business would improve beyond measure.

Typical Management style

This happened to me in another life: I worked as a Police Officer and the Chief was tired of officers calling in sick. He sent out a memo stateing that any officer calling in sick, regardless of time out, must see a Doctor and bring documentation. One of our officer's wife worked for our health insurer BC/BS. She passed the memo up her chain and the out come was BC/BS threatened to drop the cities health coverage due to the cities burden of "needless expense". Requiring employees to see doctors for minor illnesses was expensive and wasteful. The memo was recinded and policy was set at three or more days in a row would be surpervisors call on documentation. The Chief never said another word about it. I believe the cities mayor reamed him out too.

Maybe someone from United Health needs a copy of that memo. I personally think it would serve management right to get it shoved down their throats.

There's also the employee's right to privacy. The company has no right to know what Doctors you go to or what they treat you for. We had a similar policy at my previous employer as well. Everyone established "working" relationships with a doctor who sympathized with our situation. It was pretty easy to get a note for the teacher.

Anybody think this is in response to the un-announcment about the new travel benefits?

Well it could be worse . . . when I flew for Colgan the pilots had to provide a doctor's note for every sick call - absolutely any day of any year. That's right - Sunday night - anytime it didn't matter. They kept track, too - I'd get a call later saying they were still waiting for my fax. :bawling: :smash:

scarlet said:
Doctor’s Note/Documentation Required​

Issue Date: 11/08/05​

Exp. Date: 02/08/06
INFORMATIONAL BULLETIN

FIB-49-05 Page 1 of 1​

Applicability All ASA Flight Attendants​

Purpose
The purpose of this Informational Bulletin is to inform all Flight Attendants about dates a
mandatory doctor’s note/documentation will be required during the Holiday Season.

Synopsis​
Flight Attendants will be required to submit documentation for any absence, sick or
miscellaneous, from Tuesday
November 21, 2005 through Tuesday January 3, 2006.

Effective​

Date
November 21, 2005

Action​

Required

Flight Attendants must submit a doctor’s note/documentation to their Inflight Supervisor upon
returning to work. Flight Attendants, who fail to submit documentation, may be required to do
so for each absence for a period of six (6) months.

Contact​
Direct any questions regarding this bulletin to an Inflight Supervisor.

Nothing like make the people that serve your customers mad?????

What does say Dec. 10th have to do with anything?????

Get a Life EVA!!!!!

They do this every year, usually it is just for the week of thanksgiving and xmas

Latest resources

Back