• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Mangt. so stupid=unprofessional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not care if the PAs at ASA start to suck--just say what you have to and that is it!!!! Yeah I may send it to United Healthcare--I am sure they will love paying out alot of money for a little cold....

I am sure if you work at the G.O. you have to bring a note in....YEAH RIGHT!!!

Brian Laqb. WE all call on you to fire Eva--She is worthless!!!! and I think she is nexted to go...the f/as don't even respect her!!! Great leadership then...

Puck,

You are soooo right. I want to know when she is going to get her walking papers?

We have an F/O that is a MD, maybe he would right a note for our F/A's.

701EV

These are the mgt. people of ASA that need to go.

Get a life, learn how to treat people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not the way, quit PO the crews, it hurts ASA.

Sounds like a phone call or email to ASA's P.O.I. may change the sick call policy. I'm sure the FAA would not look kindly on aircrews being coerced to fly sick.

This is illegal

It doesn't mean they can't try to intimidate the FA's, and fight each battle as it comes.

But they'll lose if it ever comes to a lawsuit.

2 reasons:

1) The definition "sick" for the purpose of missing work does not necessarily require a visit to a doctor. By forcing an employee to visit a doctor for, say, a common cold or diarrhea, when they would otherwise choose not to see a doctor, is a form of harrassment. It further places a burden of time and expense on the employee which they would otherwise not incur.

2) The FAA definition of "fitness for duty" does not necessarily require medical certification. So, by forcing an employee to seek this "medical approval" is an implied coercion to fly with a condition which the FAA would consider "self-certifying."

I hope someone has the balls/ovaries to sue for this. They'd win. Probably alot of money. The burden is on the Company to prove the employee feigned illness, not the converse.

:beer:Maybe we should ALL call in sick over the HOLIDAYS! Might get their A$$e$ back to the negotiations table! Same CRAP, Different Owner! Skywst mgmnt better WAKE UP or the Hornets Nest is going to EXPLODE!!!:uzi:

Be careful!

The American Airlines pilots tried a massive sick-out a few years ago, and lost a huge-azz lawsuit because management proved it was an organized job action.

Something needs to be done, but it needs to be legal. I can think of lots of things.....can't you?

Latest resources

Back