Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Managment wants contract done by end of May...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lolikoka said:
That's not how arbitration works - at least not how it's been presented by the McCain bill to work in the airline industry. The arbitrator doesn't come up with middle ground - he picks one side's proposal. Period. It's all or nothing. That's not good for anybody. The world works on negotiation and compromise and adjustment. I don't want an all or nothing gamble determining my future, so I don't want mandatory arbitration in the airline industry.

Thats why ALPO should be sweet talking more politicians. Get an arbitration method where you meet in the middle. Anyway if the arbitrator chooses the company side then obviously the union proposal was just a ridiculous shoot for the moon proposal anyway. Lets go McCain!!!!

D'Angelo said:
Time for the white house to "grow a sack" and remove all strike provisions from the RLA. Since everyone is easily replaceable now a days a strike is now a futile effort. HOOAH FOR ARBITRATION!!!

1. The White House cannot remove all the strike provisions from the RLA. Call your Congressman, or your civics teacher, or Schoolhouse Rock, and they can explain how a bill becomes a law.

2. It takes three months to train one class of pilots. Is that easily replaceable in a strike?

blueridge71 said:
1. The White House cannot remove all the strike provisions from the RLA. Call your Congressman, or your civics teacher, or Schoolhouse Rock, and they can explain how a bill becomes a law.

2. It takes three months to train one class of pilots. Is that easily replaceable in a strike?

Thats what im saying they need to grow a pair and start getting the committee underway, get a bill and vote on it. It will take time however falling on the sword is a foolish game which I nor many other pilots want any part of. This is shown by the votes on numerous T/As in the last few months. The fact that strikes have been allowed to go on as long as they have is pure insanity. I didn't say pilots were easily replaceable in a strike I say that they are very easily replaceable in a liquidation or contract cancellation. Its no secret there are an abundance of RJs out there right now. You can strike but there are tons of companys ready to snatch your flying the second you lose it. I highly doubt the White House would let ASA pilots strike anyway considering the positon Delta is in. They didn't let American pilots strike back in 98 and I highly doubt theyd let a subcontractor strike in this economy. In the case of someone like Delta going on strike that means immediate liquidation and a free for all. Theres no such thing as struck work when the company no longer exists. Sure you can make a bit of noise with a strike now a days however with the glut of flying and how easy it is to cancel contracts its more like a whimper.

Enough, Just ban this guy. I don't think he works for Comair. If so he is jsut a coward, cause noone posts stuff this rediculous on the ALPA board.

wmuflyguy said:
Enough, Just ban this guy. I don't think he works for Comair. If so he is jsut a coward, cause noone posts stuff this rediculous on the ALPA board.

Well you can't ban him for having a 'ridiculous' opinion, but you can ignore him.

wmuflyguy said:

If the Comair ALPA board was anonymous id be delighted to post on there. I am definately vocal about my opinions however im not sacrificing myself to the mob mentality. Make it anonymous and I assure you I will be there.

Call your Congressman, or your civics teacher, or Schoolhouse Rock, and they can explain how a bill becomes a law.

Or you can watch the cartoon from about thirty some years ago that has the little roll of paper named Bill. He'll teach you all about it.

Aye, that would be Schoolhouse Rock.
Good stuff.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back