Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
Bullsh!t
I'm guessing we will see airport reserve... which unless you came from another company you have no idea how much that sucks. You might get two guys with long call but you will also have short call... Good luck living in the ATL with a one hour call out... You might as well be at the airport anyway. The reserve system now is fine. If you don't think so you need to work at another company for a while... This is coming from someone who is a professional reservist.

IP's should be farmed out to riddle or UND grads with 100 hours. Pay em 30,000 and take that huge bargaining chip and buy something you need. Like turning sick days into personal days. Another item you might consider is getting paid for unused sick time when you leave the company... etc...

Here is another one. Bend on the 70 rate... Not break just bend. Then pursue trip and duty rigs. I play for the W2 at the end of the year. You are playing small ball if you are playing for pay rate.

If I hear another Union blow hard screaming about SKYW 70 for 50 I will puke. SKYW pilots are making more than you... A lot more. The only exception might be an 18 year guy on the 70 who blocks 92 hours a month. How many of those are at the company?

Crash,

Glad I'm so high on your list for convincing people to do what I say. If that were the case I sure as He!! wouldn't be flying for a living, I'd be the best salesman in the world and worth billions. Now back to reality.

Short call is still 2 hrs with 15 min to call back, long call is 12 hrs with 60 minutes to call back and there is ready reserve. Long call is what a lot of pilots said they wanted, so a ready reserve system was wanted by the company to offset that. Short call is the same as it is now, but with the bucket system, seniority based etc... For those that don't know, long call pilots are the ones that fly the most. Ask a Coex pilot. I don't know the specifics on ready reserve, I think it is like AE's. No one pilot will do a month of ready reserve, it will be split among all the reserves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm doing this from memory. For you and me crash the short call will improve, with access to all the info to hold Screw Scheduling accountable that we don't have now and improve QOL.

The IP's are worth the deal they have now. I for one do not want to go back to FSI rejects that don't know anything about our SOP's or airplane and we spend the entire PC arguing about procedures that he thinks he knows. Only he is thinking about the Other airplanes that he instructs in. Does anyone else remember the problems when FSI did the 120 training? I for one don't want that back.

I am with you about the whole gross pay vs pay rate thing. But the proposeal the company keeps passing back would make my gross pay go down as every other cost in my life goes up. That's my issue. They are telling me to make less with no increases for what would amount to 9 yrs when they are making good money. They can take a flying leap off the top of the GO with that proposal! Let them make less money too, I havn't heard any of them proposing a pay freeze for them like they want me to do. All this lip service about Vision and Team makes me want to :puke: . They don't want to be a part of that Vision or Team do they?

I don't want money for nuthin. But let me have the ability to make more morey if I work more or the guarantee if I don't. Their proposal would make me have to work harder to bring my pay back up to what it is now and work more to account for the cost of living increases.

My fingers hurt from typing so much. I'm trying for the best contract for the times in case my lines in the water don't get any bites. Otherwise I might pull the handle and punch out of this F'd up industry.

Comes down to having to lose some up front pay for some on the back end. With stock options, profit sharing and better work rules ASA is helping themselves on the tax side of the house. I see your work rules and it ain't bad. There is much worse out there.

If there isn't something taken on the front side, I very much believe there will not be many 70 seaters on the ASA side for long. It benifits SkyWest Inc in no way what so ever. Time to wake up and smell the crap sandwich because theres going to be one eaten here really soon.

BTW, how many guys at SkyWest do you see carrying on like this? It's a regional for crying out loud. At least ASA hasn't had a HoJet or Freedom to deal with..... yet. Take the friggin pay cuts on the 700, get some more on the 200 and suck it up. 70-90 seat is the way of the future. Better secure the flying now and get better wages once the market can absorb it. Ain't going to happen right now.

Comair is paying the price right now, do you guys want to be next?

Whatever you do, don't let them talk you into the "bucket system" for reserve. It totally bypasses seniority. The trip goes to whoever fits in the "bucket." There is no such thing as first or last call. If a 3 day trip comes up, it goes to the person who has three reserve days left. A 4 day trip to the one who has 4 days left and so on. Your work preferences don't mean anything.

Turkey Shoot said:
Take the friggin pay cuts on the 700, get some more on the 200 and suck it up. 70-90 seat is the way of the future. Better secure the flying now and get better wages once the market can absorb it. Ain't going to happen right now.

How bout we just offer to fly the 70's for free. That should secure ALL the 70 seat flying, then we can work on a payrate 9 years from now.

SSDD said:
Whatever you do, don't let them talk you into the "bucket system" for reserve. It totally bypasses seniority. The trip goes to whoever fits in the "bucket." There is no such thing as first or last call. If a 3 day trip comes up, it goes to the person who has three reserve days left. A 4 day trip to the one who has 4 days left and so on. Your work preferences don't mean anything.

The bucket system still works with seniority within the bucket you are in with the most senior on the bottom and last to be called. At least you will be able to see where you stand in the bucket to know if you are going to get called or not based on seniority. It's not perfect but its better than what we have now. I will be able to plan things when I can see I am at the bottom of the bucket with enough guys above me to be called first.

GO AROUND said:
The bucket system still works with seniority within the bucket you are in with the most senior on the bottom and last to be called. At least you will be able to see where you stand in the bucket to know if you are going to get called or not based on seniority. It's not perfect but its better than what we have now. I will be able to plan things when I can see I am at the bottom of the bucket with enough guys above me to be called first.

Perhaps in theory, but maybe not so much in practice. I have heard this is a pita for the SkyWest folks. Not many of them seem to like it.

SSDD said:

At least its a system, unlike now...

Turkey Shoot said:
BTW, how many guys at SkyWest do you see carrying on like this? It's a regional for crying out loud. At least ASA hasn't had a HoJet or Freedom to deal with..... yet. Take the friggin pay cuts on the 700, get some more on the 200 and suck it up. 70-90 seat is the way of the future. Better secure the flying now and get better wages once the market can absorb it. Ain't going to happen right now.

Comair is paying the price right now, do you guys want to be next?

I nominate these for the dumbest statements on Flightinfo for 2006;
please let Darwinism run its course for you! :)

And yes, I guess we'll have to be next to pay the price. They can have all the 70s and 50s for that matter; just hurry up and do something either way.

atrdriver said:
How bout we just offer to fly the 70's for free. That should secure ALL the 70 seat flying, then we can work on a payrate 9 years from now.

When did JetBlue start flying any ATRs ?

Latest resources

Back