• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA management still asking for concessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not on the 700 however I still understand the need for standing on the 700 pay, that affects a lot of our pilot group. However, why is the instructor pay such an issue. Wouldnt the majority of the pilot group be better off focusing on other areas such as duty rigs, pay, etc.

John Pennekamp said:
The latest negotiations update says that management is still sticking to their guns on -700 pay cuts and instructor pay. This with Skywest reporting near record profits. Negotiations have basically broken down. It's time to express our displeasure with the situation. Captains, you are an army of one.

STRIKE VOTE NOW!!!

It's not that bad here "little" john. Trust in your managment and your union and you'll go far in life "little" john.:pimp:

Pogue Mahone said:
The source is the ASA idiot ass-puppet Scott Hall. He said this in the crew lounge. It is an outright lie and he knows it.
Scott Hall is a liar. But I am sure you already knew that.

Are you saying that Hall stated, in front of witnesses in the crew lounge, that the ASA Negotiationing Comm was responsible for negotiations breaking off last week? Perhaps someone could get the Mediators statement as to who was really responsible. If Hall did state this, that's irrresponsible of him.

Hoser

Last edited:
fsworld said:
Im not on the 700 however I still understand the need for standing on the 700 pay, that affects a lot of our pilot group. However, why is the instructor pay such an issue. Wouldnt the majority of the pilot group be better off focusing on other areas such as duty rigs, pay, etc.
There are a lot of issues that may not affect you personally, but affect the pilot group as a whole. IPs may not be affected by the reserve system or integration but many are willing to strike over it. You may never be an IP at ASA but they're very important to the smooth and efficient operation of the company, and they should be compensated fairly.

crjskipper said:
I agree - if there is even a hint of a pay cut on the 700 there had better be some serious duty and trip rigs.

However - from a very good source - management didnt break off the talks. Our union negotiators left due to the admin strike. So that was a nice lie right before the picketing to get us fired up.

If you keep quoting management as your source you will have less credibility than Scott Hall--err if that is possible.

What happened was management was not allowed to improve on their last concessionary offer without getting permission from the higher powers that are not members of the company negotiation team. If ASA Management can't make the decisions our CNC should refuse to negotiate until the DECISION MAKER is present in the negotiations. Jerry A. Ron Reber, where are you?????

HAHA they want us to take a 13% pay cut and after they do that the GO will be handing out WALMART VEST & MESA UNIFORMS and say welcome to the bottom! Can we say STRIKE VOTE?

sweptback said:
There are a lot of issues that may not affect you personally, but affect the pilot group as a whole. IPs may not be affected by the reserve system or integration but many are willing to strike over it. You may never be an IP at ASA but they're very important to the smooth and efficient operation of the company, and they should be compensated fairly.

Bullsh!t
I'm guessing we will see airport reserve... which unless you came from another company you have no idea how much that sucks. You might get two guys with long call but you will also have short call... Good luck living in the ATL with a one hour call out... You might as well be at the airport anyway. The reserve system now is fine. If you don't think so you need to work at another company for a while... This is coming from someone who is a professional reservist.

IP's should be farmed out to riddle or UND grads with 100 hours. Pay em 30,000 and take that huge bargaining chip and buy something you need. Like turning sick days into personal days. Another item you might consider is getting paid for unused sick time when you leave the company... etc...

Here is another one. Bend on the 70 rate... Not break just bend. Then pursue trip and duty rigs. I play for the W2 at the end of the year. You are playing small ball if you are playing for pay rate.

If I hear another Union blow hard screaming about SKYW 70 for 50 I will puke. SKYW pilots are making more than you... A lot more. The only exception might be an 18 year guy on the 70 who blocks 92 hours a month. How many of those are at the company?

Latest resources

Back