Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
Bullsh!t
I'm guessing we will see airport reserve... which unless you came from another company you have no idea how much that sucks. You might get two guys with long call but you will also have short call... Good luck living in the ATL with a one hour call out... You might as well be at the airport anyway. The reserve system now is fine. If you don't think so you need to work at another company for a while... This is coming from someone who is a professional reservist.

IP's should be farmed out to riddle or UND grads with 100 hours. Pay em 30,000 and take that huge bargaining chip and buy something you need. Like turning sick days into personal days. Another item you might consider is getting paid for unused sick time when you leave the company... etc...

Here is another one. Bend on the 70 rate... Not break just bend. Then pursue trip and duty rigs. I play for the W2 at the end of the year. You are playing small ball if you are playing for pay rate.

If I hear another Union blow hard screaming about SKYW 70 for 50 I will puke. SKYW pilots are making more than you... A lot more. The only exception might be an 18 year guy on the 70 who blocks 92 hours a month. How many of those are at the company?

I agree with alot of what you said but I think the new reserve system is good. Yes I know it sucks to be on short call BUT it would be worth it to know that you can move up (seniority) to be on long call reserve. Also, it being in seniority order and having a first/last call list is a great advancement. When I was on reserve a 2 hour call out in ATL ment you had to be ready to go at any time and it sucked. Why not sit at the airport 1 day and get a 12 call out the next day. And yes this reserve thing does affect a majority of the pilot group, it effects everyone below the last captain holding a line.

Im not sure we need ips with 100 hours but... Im not sure our ips need to be getting paid so much either, they should be there for the fact that they like to teach and like to be home every day, not for the money.

Also, yes duty rigs and the w-2 at the end of the year mean more than anything. a 2/1 duty rig is way better than a 5% pay increase. LOOK AT THEBIG PICTURE.

crjskipper said:
I agree - if there is even a hint of a pay cut on the 700 there had better be some serious duty and trip rigs.

However - from a very good source - management didnt break off the talks. Our union negotiators left due to the admin strike. So that was a nice lie right before the picketing to get us fired up.

The admin strike ended last week, but ALPA negotiated anyhow, moron! Check your sources before you make accusations!

Last edited:
CRJ Skillz said:
It's not that bad here "little" john. Trust in your managment and your union and you'll go far in life "little" john.:pimp:

Well look here "EMB Skillz" has an new alter ego. Flamebater. Another member of the ignore list!

fsworld said:
Im not on the 700 however I still understand the need for standing on the 700 pay, that affects a lot of our pilot group. However, why is the instructor pay such an issue. Wouldnt the majority of the pilot group be better off focusing on other areas such as duty rigs, pay, etc.

The majority rules with a union on the property. That does not stop management from trying to divide our pilot group into smaller sub-groups. They are hopeful that we will decide that the 700 pilots, the F/O's and IP's will be sold out buy the majority. Why would they think for a minute that we would do that at ASA? Well, because there are other airlines that have done this very thing. When our 700 rates were negotiated the company refused to go above approx. 58% of Captain Pay for F/O pay rates. Our negotiators refused no settle for less than 60% and after hours of no progress our CNC pulled down already agreed too hourly pay for Captains and made the F/O pay 60%. Their vision was to show ASA management the importance of that issue by taking the money from the captain and bringing up the F/O to 60%.

The IP's have shown a lot of resolve over the past 18 months. Some of the IP's identified themselves as management. It took management to prove to them that they are only LINE PILOTS assigned to the training department and nothing more. The company converted many of these IP's to trade unionist with their concessionary talks in IP meetings and then at the bargaining table. Once again the company misread the ASA pilots as nothing more than typical sell outs this time selling out the minority IP's. We will once again pass the test by not allowing management to steal from the 700 pilots and the IP's and reallocate there money to the middle majority. If we fail this simple test of unity it will certainly encourage this dimwitted management to take this to a strike.

When the strike ballots are sent to each pilot make sure you send the company a message. We will not bend, break, sell out the minority, or walk away from the table with out having at least what SkyWest pilots have + a very small percent more. We will not prostitute ourselves for growth and we will show our SkyWest brothers and sisters that they have nothing to fear that we will under bid them for growth. They must certainly understand that we have been tested several times and our pilots know there is no winner in a race to the bottom. We will have a written document that is as strong as our pilots resolve. Let Jerry and Bryan know that their large profits have not gone unnoticed in SLC or ATL. They need to stop playing monkey see monkey do and place their energies in dragging ASA into the 21st Century and then set this airline on a course that is based on mutual respect and a true partnership for the future. If they want to compete with bottom feeders then let them take the money from their pockets because the employees are not involved in paying for the sins of the father.

Crash Pad said:
If I hear another Union blow hard screaming about SKYW 70 for 50 I will puke. SKYW pilots are making more than you... A lot more. The only exception might be an 18 year guy on the 70 who blocks 92 hours a month. How many of those are at the company?

Well than go ahead and hurl. Your boyfriend, D'Angelo called, and he wants to know when you'll be home for that steak & lobster dinner at his condo. His wife's out of town... hurry!

:puke::puke::puke:

Bizjet said:
The majority rules with a union on the property. That does not stop management from trying to divide our pilot group into smaller sub-groups. They are hopeful that we will decide that the 700 pilots, the F/O's and IP's will be sold out buy the majority. Why would they think for a minute that we would do that at ASA? Well, because there are other airlines that have done this very thing. When our 700 rates were negotiated the company refused to go above approx. 58% of Captain Pay for F/O pay rates. Our negotiators refused no settle for less than 60% and after hours of no progress our CNC pulled down already agreed too hourly pay for Captains and made the F/O pay 60%. Their vision was to show ASA management the importance of that issue by taking the money from the captain and bringing up the F/O to 60%.

The IP's have shown a lot of resolve over the past 18 months. Some of the IP's identified themselves as management. It took management to prove to them that they are only LINE PILOTS assigned to the training department and nothing more. The company converted many of these IP's to trade unionist with their concessionary talks in IP meetings and then at the bargaining table. Once again the company misread the ASA pilots as nothing more than typical sell outs this time selling out the minority IP's. We will once again pass the test by not allowing management to steal from the 700 pilots and the IP's and reallocate there money to the middle majority. If we fail this simple test of unity it will certainly encourage this dimwitted management to take this to a strike.

When the strike ballots are sent to each pilot make sure you send the company a message. We will not bend, break, sell out the minority, or walk away from the table with out having at least what SkyWest pilots have + a very small percent more. We will not prostitute ourselves for growth and we will show our SkyWest brothers and sisters that they have nothing to fear that we will under bid them for growth. They must certainly understand that we have been tested several times and our pilots know there is no winner in a race to the bottom. We will have a written document that is as strong as our pilots resolve. Let Jerry and Bryan know that their large profits have not gone unnoticed in SLC or ATL. They need to stop playing monkey see monkey do and place their energies in dragging ASA into the 21st Century and then set this airline on a course that is based on mutual respect and a true partnership for the future. If they want to compete with bottom feeders then let them take the money from their pockets because the employees are not involved in paying for the sins of the father.

I've been waiting on my strike ballot for 2 years!!! Hurry up with the damn thing!

Ha Ha - Cut the 700 pay, then put the junior guys on airport and short call reserve - Yeah right. What is management going to do, junior man Captains out of the new hire classes? Nobody wants to bid that plane as is. Cut the pay and make reserve really suck and your would have to promise me a night with Jennifer Anniston for every reserve period before I'd bid it.

Management is deluded if they think this will fly. Unless they blend the seniority list and make us fly every variety of RJ on the property I don't see how they are going to get anyone to bid the thing.

When none of your pilots bid the airplane, you should know something is wrong. How is management going to get around that?

~~~^~~~ said:
Management is deluded if they think this will fly. Unless they blend the seniority list and make us fly every variety of RJ on the property I don't see how they are going to get anyone to bid the thing.

When none of your pilots bid the airplane, you should know something is wrong. How is management going to get around that?

Fins,
Actually, management would be quite happy to junior man all the new hires into the 70.

I also understand they are actively pursuing blending the lists and having us fly everything ala Mesa. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I for one don't like it one bit.

JustaNumber said:
Fins,
Actually, management would be quite happy to junior man all the new hires into the 70.

I also understand they are actively pursuing blending the lists and having us fly everything ala Mesa. What are everyone's thoughts on this? I for one don't like it one bit.

I´d do it if the blended rate was the 70 rate as is for all ¨current¨ airframes....Hell I might just throw in that 705 into the mix!! :D

Latest resources

Back