• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA laying the smack down on pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think ASA has a million dollars laying around? Doubtful...

It concerns me that someone actually thinks this is the case. Even the Kool-Aid the company is passing around doesn't involve us being short on cash. Where you got this idea beats me.

To be honest, this is a whole lot of "Much Ado About Nothing"....

If you are calling in sick and going on vacation, or simply aren't sick- you've got something to worry about. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, if you are legitimately sick, and you cannot work due to mold, alien abduction, or whatever, then you've got NOTHING to worry about. ASA isn't terminating people who are sick, they're not even harassing them. They're simply wanting to verify that you aren't abusing the system that is in place. If you're sick, your sick- no big deal, and no one cares................ including the CPO.

FWIW- I've been suck a multitude of times this year, and got a letter. I explained myself, and that was the end of it- no letters in a file, no signature required, no punative letter.......... it was just done. To be honest, the first minute was explaining my illnesses, and the rest of the meeting was discussing cars............

FWIW- I've been suck a multitude of times this year, and got a letter. I explained myself, and that was the end of it- no letters in a file, no signature required, no punative letter.......... it was just done. To be honest, the first minute was explaining my illnesses, and the rest of the meeting was discussing cars............[/QUOTE]

Dude, thats great but we don't care how many times it's been this year,or whether you got a letter from her or not!
Thats your buisness!

FWIW- I've been suck a multitude of times this year, and got a letter. I explained myself, and that was the end of it- no letters in a file, no signature required, no punative letter.......... it was just done. To be honest, the first minute was explaining my illnesses, and the rest of the meeting was discussing cars............

Dude, thats great but we don't care how many times it's been this year,or whether you got a letter from her or not!
Thats your buisness![/QUOTE]

.................................Oh, ok. Glad you cleared that up.

Brads just gettin' warmed up!
PBR

Thread disclaimer:
Let it be known that while ASA has its issues, an overwhelming majority of ASA pilots believe ASA is a good place to work that has gotten remarkably better since Skywest Inc took over.

Thread disclaimer:
Let it be known that while ASA has its issues, an overwhelming majority of ASA pilots believe ASA is a good place to work that has gotten remarkably better since Skywest Inc took over.

I think that is the general consensus even in this thread. There are worse places to work, but things appear to be moving backwards as of late. Maybe its just the cpo or maybe its flightops. RSV 200 ATL is rough and the company refuses to mitigate the problem. They are rolling in cash but wont raise line values to a reasonable level, allowing relief to RSVs and a bit more dough to lineholders.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back