ASA June lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P&H

Not everyone is in your shoes. Just because everyone is not in your position does not mean that things are impossible. Looks like I'm not the only one who has figured it out.

You'll have to excuse me, I usually just roughly skim everything you write in order to avoid the bulk of the crap in your posts. Either way, my point still stands. Even your average lineholding FO can't make 50K except in extreme circumstances.

Roughly skim? I think you're just slow...Can't make 50k except in extreme circumstances?!? You're completely out of touch with reality! You're the same person that was complaining how reserves don't get paid more than 75hrs no matter how much they credit unless they block over 75hrs! You keep making not only false but ridiculous posts and tell me to be quiet? Donny, you're out your element!

Looks like PositionandHold rode the short bus to work....

That's why having a line is 100x's better. Set schedule, more days off, more pay, no ready reserve.

Pay isn't everything, but $2200 Take home on the 15th is alot better than $1100 take home. That's over $12,000 difference after a year. One reserve pilot making 37k with 11 days off a month and triple the gas costs of a lineholder FO making around 50K with 12-15 days off.

Respectfully, if you are an FO taking home $2200 a month, you probably need to look into upping your 401K contributions... just sayin'.

Looks like PositionandHold rode the short bus to work....

This week, I've been riding the short bus all over the place guy.

Roughly skim? I think you're just slow...Can't make 50k except in extreme circumstances?!? You're completely out of touch with reality!

Touche. However, on the 50 seater, you'd have to have spent some years here to break the 50 mark consistently. Obviously, "extreme circumstances" was poor word choice.

Are you saying $2200 take home is too much and more needs to be put into retirement?

Well, yes. Do you have a wife and kids? Only my opinion, but what are you spending the money on? Beer? Cars?

If you are in your early to mid 20's, and not attached to things that take your resources; like kids and family, you will be far better off later in life if you start putting some money away now instead of waiting until your 30's.

I am learning this the hard way. I am kicking myself for not understanding the concept of 'compound interest' Trust me on this...

I am learning this the hard way. I am kicking myself for not understanding the concept of 'compound interest' Trust me on this...

Me too. It's amazing what starting in your early to mid 20's will do for you in retirement. Unfortunately, our society doesn't teach us about finances growing up in school, and unless our parents teach us, many of us find out way too late in life.

On a similar note, I have flown with FO's who haven't even set up their 401K accounts yet. FREE MONEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back