• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA June lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not just staff the airline correctly and then the red arrows go away and line values are high..what a dream

That is exactly what is going to happen next month. The red arrow days are going away and the line values are high.....We are staffed correctly.

Joe they needed to raise line values. We were working our butts off with min rest constantly on rsv. At least some of us. I can't speak for the nap guys.

And its well worth it if you break guarantee like some of the ATL 200 guys were doing by a long shot plus 24hr per diem. If you're getting "beat up" in ATL I'll gladly base swap with you so you can get some well deserved rest in IAD. Over a 5 day call period you will mostly sit at home except for 2 days in which you'll get 8 hrs of airport appreciation on a severe clear day.

Joe we need more people like you at ASA. People with strong analytical thinking skills. People who think about the unintended consequences. People who don't scream "we're understaffed!!!" we line values are under 95hrs and over 70% of reserves are not breaking guarantee(100% in IAD). If it was up to me you'd be the MEC Chair.

Umm, contrary to your theory Mr. Merchant... IAD lines were all $h!t 4-day trips last month with the best line having 14 days off also all low-value trips... ALL RED ARROW days... now for June? SAME damn trips (few three days with a day-line before each of them thrown in for "variety!?") g-d forbid someone has more than 3 days off. I'm sure it'll be ALL red arrow days again next month. Getting more and more tired of this airline's disregard for it's employees

Umm, contrary to your theory Mr. Merchant... IAD lines were all $h!t 4-day trips last month with the best line having 14 days off also all low-value trips... ALL RED ARROW days... now for June? SAME damn trips (few three days with a day-line before each of them thrown in for "variety!?") g-d forbid someone has more than 3 days off. I'm sure it'll be ALL red arrow days again next month. Getting more and more tired of this airline's disregard for it's employees

Doubt there will be any red arrows due to the higher value trips in IAD so now you should be able to swap to your heart's content to give yourself more than 3 days off. While you guys suffer thru your set schedules with high credit, us reserves will truly feel your pain as we sit bored in our crashpads for 5 days save for a couple 7:30 am ready reserve assignments on severe clear days(waste of gas/cab money),with no per diem, and MMG pay. Then we'll commute home for 2 days off and return for 6 days of the same. Yup, lineholders with 85hr plus credit lines have it bad...

IAD lines will probably always be bad as long as IAD doesn't have as many "banks" or "pushes"....That creates worse lines. To have good 3 days, you need high block time each day. Two things that hurt this are fewer banks in a hub and duty day limits/longer rest requirements. It's kinda like an algebra problem.

If we had ORD lines, you would probably see better lines.

I never said they didn't need to raise the line values...I am just pointing out that life will better for some, and worse for more....Everything is give and take. The line values could probably be lower if we were willing to put up with more red arrow days.

The best thing for reserves is to get them off of reserve...That will come from growth, and that is what the company is trying to do. Lowering costs helps in that regard.....

Worth repeating. Especially the give and take part.

Sounds like B.H. borrowed some members of our fantastic crew scheduling department to help out at ASA...

While I like your picture obviously 777forever, I think you're too much of a company apologist. Do you enjoy being worked over all the time by scheduling being on reserve like you say you are? It wasn't always like this. We'll see what happens on the 21st-maybe it'll be good news.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back