ASA is staffted well.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

Insufficient Reserve Staffing Level to cover pairing: A4911/01 Date: 06/01/2013; Reserves: 30; Open Time Trips: 7; Attempted OT Increase: 1; Net Reserves Available: 22; Minimum Required: 52;

Min required 52????

These min staffing algorithms make absolutely no sense in Open Time.

I think instead of using this fake formula...just be honest and say "we don't want pilots trading their original trips for any that occur on different days".

A lot of us are not stupid...but it's better to talk with ones feet at this point.

Name one day in the history of open time trading that has had sufficient reserve coverage

Tried to swap 2 naps for a 3 day, no deal for reasons mentioned above. Even tried a 3 for 4 day (giving up a day off) again no deal Crazy.

Even tried a 3 for 4 day (giving up a day off) again no deal Crazy.

I'm pretty sure that the company operates under the assumption that any pilot initiating a trade must surely be attempting to "pull one over" on them so every swap must therefore be denied.

Last edited:
Its the return of the Red Arrow without the Red Arrow. I think if they put down 52 Reserve pilots required and then only staff 22 or whatever Reserves to the day, that we are in need of pilots and should call for a Position Notice. If they want to play games then I'm all in. Bye Bye performance, hello super anal pilot!

Insufficient Reserve Staffing Level to cover pairing: A4911/01 Date: 06/01/2013; Reserves: 30; Open Time Trips: 7; Attempted OT Increase: 1; Net Reserves Available: 22; Minimum Required: 52;

Min required 52????

I got the same thing but it wasn't as many as 52. Maybe like 27.

Love it. Start out with an awarded line of a big eleven days off, then can't swap anything. The same litany of "insufficient reserve staffing" malarkey even for trips not touching weekends. Followed by my favorite: "You have exceeded the maximum number of swaps. Maximum is 3." Why is there a limit? We have such subpar work rules, lets debate some more about bidding systems, shall we?

I have seen min reserve levels in ORD of almost 90(87 I think was the highest I ever saw). There are only 65 people in ORD that could possibly be on reserve. Why set a stupid ********************ing number like 87, when THERE ARE ONLY 65 PILOTS THAT COULD BE ON RESERVE THAT DAY. Does somebody not know how to count?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back