• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA is staffted well.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A LOT of FO's will soon be getting 3 weeks vacation after their 6 year annisversary. Around 230 on the CRJ side or roughly 30% of the FO's. Add in the new rest rules and this place is screwed.

But guess who has 2 thumbs and doesn't give a sht....
<-- This guy.

Last edited:
A LOT of FO's will soon be getting 3 weeks vacation after their 6 year annisversary. Around 230 on the CRJ side or roughly 30% of the FO's. Add in the new rest rules and this place is screwed.

<-- This guy.

WOW I hadnt thought of that.

You can bet the brain trust over at A-tech hasnt either.

WOW I hadnt thought of that.

You can bet the brain trust over at A-tech hasnt either.

Hell no they haven't. But someone over there does get paid to think about it. And when they bring it to whats-his-nuts' attention after reading about it on flightinfo.com they'll be promoted to vp of something.

Hardly matters anyway, since no one is willing to apply for employment here.

Last edited:

<-- This guy.

Even more detrimental than the 3 weeks vacation and new rest rules, I'm sure that all 230 of those FO's will make a mass exodus when hiring at the majors goes into full force. Add to that all the captains on reserve having been abused for years - pilots at this place will leave so fast the only thing left will be a permanent low pressure system in the ATL and IAH crew rooms.

Even more detrimental than the 3 weeks vacation and new rest rules, I'm sure that all 230 of those FO's will make a mass exodus when hiring at the majors goes into full force. Add to that all the captains on reserve having been abused for years - pilots at this place will leave so fast the only thing left will be a permanent low pressure system in the ATL and IAH crew rooms.

Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. You really think the major managements and regional managements aren't in cahoots? They just aren't going to allow that to happen.

Yeah I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. You really think the major managements and regional managements aren't in cahoots? They just aren't going to allow that to happen.

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct on this. Look at what happened with the hanger mechanics meltdown a few years ago. Even today, an ASA mech cannot get hired at TOC. And in the last few years, we have alligned ourselves with the 3 biggest carriers in the US. Fact is, no carrier can go on having their regional feed just shut off. As much as mainline pilots would like, it is quite simply too big of a shift.

I have no idea how this is all going to pan out in the next few years. Some of the possibilities are scary.

Yeah, ASA asked Delta to put the brakes on in 2007 when the attrition was over 30 a month. It will happen again, I'm sure.

Yeah, ASA asked Delta to put the brakes on in 2007 when the attrition was over 30 a month. It will happen again, I'm sure.

SH did brag that he "asked", but did DAL actually do it? IIRC the majority of pilots hired then came from ASA (myself included) and ASA still lost 30 a month. I seriously doubt DAL and UAL care about ASA's staffing problems. In fact, it's insanely idiotic to think that they would hire a less qualified candidate just so that the better candidate can stay at ASA and solve ASA's staffing issues. DAL knows that if ASA doesn't meet its goals, they can be replaced with someone else.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back