ASA Insurance Plan debacle!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

outtahere

How about instead of getting nothing for PBS but a nice stiff one up the tailpipe, our good for nothing union leaders negotiate some form of PPO for pilots after 2012 when Skywest inc. goes over to the good for the company plan that has us pay all of our medical expenses out of pocket. Thats freakin' horse$hit for those of us with kids. Sure if you never get sick its a great deal, but then I guess you wouldn't need insurance at all.

Per our contract they can't take us off of the current plan we have, unless it is negotiated away.

Put this on the union web board, don't clog FI with this...

We didn't clog your mom with another FI thread, so just count the old bag lucky!

-Gen Lee's mom only wishes she were so lucky!

Well unfortunately no one else is as exciting as ASA. Let's hope our union leaders don't sell us out with insurance like they are trying to do with PBS.

How about instead of getting nothing for PBS but a nice stiff one up the tailpipe, our good for nothing union leaders negotiate some form of PPO for pilots after 2012 when Skywest inc. goes over to the good for the company plan that has us pay all of our medical expenses out of pocket. Thats freakin' horse$hit for those of us with kids. Sure if you never get sick its a great deal, but then I guess you wouldn't need insurance at all.

What do you care? ASA, according to you is gonna be gone anyways, so what are you complaining about?

Trojan

What do you care? ASA, according to you is gonna be gone anyways, so what are you complaining about?

Trojan

Oh yeah.. that's right. The guy with a hundred personalities.

*Skywest is taking over ASA
*ASA is doing better than ever, thanks to Skywest.
*Thanks a lot ASA, you a-holes.
*No seriously, thanks a lot ASA. Keep up the good work.

Which is it today? Tomorrow will be "Wow! how awesome is this preferential bidding stuff?"

This is gonna get interesting-apparently, the contract specifically forbids changes like this without union approval. I just got an email from the MEC, and apparently, they don't approve at all.

-The timing is very interesting. I wonder why mgmt. didn't just wait a few months. I am sure the pilot group would have passed PBS "to make us more attractive to other mainline partners," but now-mgmt. has sure pissed off a lot of folks. I am beginning to think people are gonna get real torqued over this B.S., and perhaps PBS will have a harder time penetrating our two-hole.

Latest resources

Back