• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Insurance Plan debacle!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is already a $2000 difference in the premiums between the HSA/High Deduct. and the PPO...If the union wins, just look for the PPO premiums to continue to rise.

Looking at the family plan, you are in the hole by $3000 the first year before any doctor visit.
Thats single, family is 6K. Just have your boyfriend/domestic partner, do your prostate exam while you are still gaping. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gaped
PBR

Last edited:
I burned the vast majority of my safety net this year with a major health problem. When I did the math comparing what it would have cost using the HSA vs the PPO (Skywest one, so exactly the same math). Including the one time $1,000 addition that Skywest provides and the $890 savings in premiums (single employee plan), the HSA plan would have cost me $2000 more than my PPO did.

However! With the lower out of pocket max, the tables are turned. If you graph the two plans based on expenses. 0 to deductible, deductible paid to max-out-of-pocket, with a baseline of the yearly premiums, the HSA in this case always comes out on top. This was very surprising to me. Now I couldn't include the co pays since that's variable during the year. But those you have to pay anyways plus any test/expenses you incur when going to the doc. The difference is unlikely to put you over. This is only for an individual though.

Thats single, family is 6K. Just have your boyfriend/domestic partner, do your prostate exam while you are still gaping. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gaped
PBR

You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you? I was talking about the family plan being 3K in the hole right off the bat....$2000 more in premiums, and a thousand dollar contribution from ASA/Skywest...Math wasn't your strong point was it...Too many PBRs?

I recall once when I was TDY to Wisconsin in the mid 80s and Old Style was going for 10 cents a glass in the bars! Small glass but still, 10 cents, c'mon! Hit me!

Hoser
Roll Tide!

I remember $1 pitchers of Old Style in the 80s....Ahh...The good old days.....

Ever sample 'Linengugels' (sp) up there Joe? A friend (from WI) years ago in the Air Force had his Mom ship his golf bag to him at Moody. When he picked it up, he turn it upside down , clubs, irons all dropping out. And then, TWO 6-packs of 'Linengugels'! :beer:

Hoser
Roll Tide!

Ever sample 'Linengugels' (sp) up there Joe? A friend (from WI) years ago in the Air Force had his Mom ship his golf bag to him at Moody. When he picked it up, he turn it upside down , clubs, irons all dropping out. And then, TWO 6-packs of 'Linengugels'! :beer:

Hoser
Roll Tide!

Oh Sh!t Yah...Don't ya know...Like the Leinies....

Latest resources

Back