ASA hiring/groundschool dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Anyone know what is going on with ASA new hire training in the next few months? I have friends that got offer letters but are unsure about possible class dates.

I see you flown the spaceshuttle. So how does it handle? I hear its faster than a 172. You must be a great pilot.

Cheese, He might be good in the shuttle... but I'm sure that "Gold Seal" on your instructor certificate makes you one hell of an FO!

suupah, things should be picking back up again. There is a class starting the 3rd of October. Good luck.

T

TexPilot said:
Cheese, He might be good in the shuttle... but I'm sure that "Gold Seal" on your instructor certificate makes you one hell of an FO!

suupah, things should be picking back up again. There is a class starting the 3rd of October. Good luck.

T

thnx.

the spaceshuttle handles pretty nicely in the higher layers of the atmosphere but down low it can be a real B!tch

TexPilot said:

T

Yea the gold seal is a beautiful thing. Im a new FO and they are talking about upgrading me already. They said that they wished everyone had their gold seal like me, life is good.

Here is a question for you:
How does a blind man know when he is done wiping after a number 2?

suupah said:
Anyone know what is going on with ASA new hire training in the next few months? I have friends that got offer letters but are unsure about possible class dates.

To answer your actual question... What I've heard is that aircraft deliveries have been deferred until next year and we will only be hiring for attrition.

More importantly, when is ASA ever going to actually upgrade a pilot???? I've never seen anything like this. We hire 30-50 pilots a month in the past 6 months or so, and it seems like we have only 5-10 upgrades! As far as the massive attrition that gets mentioned, I have to call BS on this! I think FAR LESS pilots are leaving per month than advertised.......

79%N1 said:
More importantly, when is ASA ever going to actually upgrade a pilot???? I've never seen anything like this. We hire 30-50 pilots a month in the past 6 months or so, and it seems like we have only 5-10 upgrades! As far as the massive attrition that gets mentioned, I have to call BS on this! I think FAR LESS pilots are leaving per month than advertised.......

As far as upgrades and the captain to f/o ratio, there are more captains right now that f/o's on the 50...of course there are more f/o's that have yet to get done with training but when its all done, i think there will still be more captains.

With regards to attrition, there is a LOT of exageration with this. Its funny how people jump on that band wagon...."We lost 40 pilots this month...." that is crap. People were saying before the july seniority lists came out that we lost 120 pilots or 140 pilots between january and july........it was approx 85. thats still a good number though. But, i do know people are leaving on a consistent basis and it wouldn't supprise me if it was around 10 to 15 per month.

Latest resources

Back