• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ASA hiring/groundschool dates

suupah

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Posts
1,779
Total Time
859
Anyone know what is going on with ASA new hire training in the next few months? I have friends that got offer letters but are unsure about possible class dates.
 

CheeseHead13

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
102
Total Time
4500
I see you flown the spaceshuttle. So how does it handle? I hear its faster than a 172. You must be a great pilot.
 

TexPilot

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Posts
24
Total Time
.
Cheese, He might be good in the shuttle... but I'm sure that "Gold Seal" on your instructor certificate makes you one hell of an FO!


suupah, things should be picking back up again. There is a class starting the 3rd of October. Good luck.

T
 

suupah

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Posts
1,779
Total Time
859
TexPilot said:
Cheese, He might be good in the shuttle... but I'm sure that "Gold Seal" on your instructor certificate makes you one hell of an FO!


suupah, things should be picking back up again. There is a class starting the 3rd of October. Good luck.

T

thnx.

the spaceshuttle handles pretty nicely in the higher layers of the atmosphere but down low it can be a real B!tch
 

CheeseHead13

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
102
Total Time
4500
TexPilot said:
Cheese, He might be good in the shuttle... but I'm sure that "Gold Seal" on your instructor certificate makes you one hell of an FO!


suupah, things should be picking back up again. There is a class starting the 3rd of October. Good luck.

T

Yea the gold seal is a beautiful thing. Im a new FO and they are talking about upgrading me already. They said that they wished everyone had their gold seal like me, life is good.

Here is a question for you:
How does a blind man know when he is done wiping after a number 2?
 

73belair

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Posts
288
Total Time
enuf
suupah said:
Anyone know what is going on with ASA new hire training in the next few months? I have friends that got offer letters but are unsure about possible class dates.

To answer your actual question... What I've heard is that aircraft deliveries have been deferred until next year and we will only be hiring for attrition.
 

viper548

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
2,090
Total Time
6800
CheeseHead13 said:
Here is a question for you:
How does a blind man know when he is done wiping after a number 2?

Howard Stern's blind beauty pageant last night?
 

viper548

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
2,090
Total Time
6800
CheeseHead13 said:
Here is a question for you:
How does a blind man know when he is done wiping after a number 2?

Instead of scratch & sniff it's wipe & whiff
 

79%N1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Posts
2,441
Total Time
2 many
More importantly, when is ASA ever going to actually upgrade a pilot???? I've never seen anything like this. We hire 30-50 pilots a month in the past 6 months or so, and it seems like we have only 5-10 upgrades! As far as the massive attrition that gets mentioned, I have to call BS on this! I think FAR LESS pilots are leaving per month than advertised.......
 

FL990

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Posts
240
Total Time
4000+
79%N1 said:
More importantly, when is ASA ever going to actually upgrade a pilot???? I've never seen anything like this. We hire 30-50 pilots a month in the past 6 months or so, and it seems like we have only 5-10 upgrades! As far as the massive attrition that gets mentioned, I have to call BS on this! I think FAR LESS pilots are leaving per month than advertised.......

As far as upgrades and the captain to f/o ratio, there are more captains right now that f/o's on the 50...of course there are more f/o's that have yet to get done with training but when its all done, i think there will still be more captains.

With regards to attrition, there is a LOT of exageration with this. Its funny how people jump on that band wagon...."We lost 40 pilots this month...." that is crap. People were saying before the july seniority lists came out that we lost 120 pilots or 140 pilots between january and july........it was approx 85. thats still a good number though. But, i do know people are leaving on a consistent basis and it wouldn't supprise me if it was around 10 to 15 per month.
 

pilotkppsg

Frattastic
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Posts
225
Total Time
6K
My interview is on Oct. 5th. Any advice for the written or sim? And how far out are the class dates?
 

79%N1

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 19, 2002
Posts
2,441
Total Time
2 many
pilotkppsg said:
My interview is on Oct. 5th. Any advice for the written or sim? And how far out are the class dates?

Study Approach plate and enroute chart symbols VERY CLOSELY! Interviewers go deep into these, the smallest obscure symbols.

Know your current A/C systems and limitations.

Good Luck!
 

Sinca3

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 10, 2001
Posts
666
Total Time
unknwn
FL990,
There are suppose to be more capt's than fo's in each piece of equipment. This is because of the fact capt's have more vacation there fore more capt's are gone at anyone time compared to FO's. I would also mention that capt's are rt seat qualified therefore they can always put a capt in the right seat if they are short fo's!!
 

FL990

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Posts
240
Total Time
4000+
Sinca3 said:
FL990,
There are suppose to be more capt's than fo's in each piece of equipment. This is because of the fact capt's have more vacation there fore more capt's are gone at anyone time compared to FO's. I would also mention that capt's are rt seat qualified therefore they can always put a capt in the right seat if they are short fo's!!

Hey sinca,

Yea, i realize that...I guess it sounded like i was saying that they should be equal, but i understand that there should be more capt that fo's...but they have been upgrading...anyways...that was all i was trying to say...i wasn't trying to be argumentative.
 
Top