• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring, according to Air Inc.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mj doesnt process pilots until they are line qualified - until IOE is complete they belong to training - so once again - wrong.

also - according to the head asa IP at FSI last week - no new hire has busted ground school in several years, and only 3 have resigned this entire year for trouble while in training.

he said there has been an increase in extra sim time when guys arent ready for their check on time - but usually one or two. he also said this is no different than the last dozen hiring booms over the last ten years.[/quote]

You might want to ask her. She says she does.

You also might want to talk to the guys doing IOE. I don't think some of them would agree with you on this one either.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Attn Fo's:

Age 65 Is Not Good For Us...

Until you are the one who is 59 and wishes to keep working for a few more years and are perfectly healthy and willing! Then you will be singing a different tune.

Until you are the one who is 59 and wishes to keep working for a few more years and are perfectly healthy and willing! Then you will be singing a different tune.

Right now, the pro 65 crowd is the group that lost their pensions and can't afford to retire.

By the time current FOs approach retirement age, hopefully they will have planned for their own retirement and can afford to retire at a time of their choosing. As do I.

As the FIRST OFFICER REP, it was my duty to REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF THE ATL FIRST OFFICERS, most of which would suffer if the retirement age was raised. Also, if I recall, JR's LOA would have allowed the retirees to come back retroactively, WITH seniority. Most of the MEC actually agreed it was a bad idea.
W. Faruzzi

No wonder you weren't elected Capt's rep. Yep, it's all about you huh WF. Typical young buck without a clue.

No wonder you weren't elected Capt's rep. Yep, it's all about you huh WF. Typical young buck without a clue.

Hey Pearson, guess he didn't bitchslap you hard enough huh? Keep attacking him anonymously if you like, it only makes you look bad. I respect him for having the cajones to stand up for what he believes in.

At least he gave it a run. what have you done lately except attack anyone who dares think outside the box?

Get a life, "Jetdi" dork.

THUS the attention FO tag line...

Well SH sent out a memo that said voluntary premium might be gone next month... A bold face lie or an indication that we are getting staffed.

I don't see growth. I think growth at the regionals has topped out. Attrition is where movement is going to come from.

I know we all want to believe that a 200 hour pilot can't do this job. What the airlines are about to discover is that they can. They are eager to please and are trying there hardest. Expect this discovery to bite us in the a$$ in a couple years.

Any yahoo can swing gear. The part about a$$ biting in a couple of years when they upgrade is spot on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back