• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring, according to Air Inc.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correction. He turns it into a JB issue.

Very good point. It is semmingly apparent that Mr Merchant's points center around his issues, the ones that would further his career and earnings potential, while allowing him to not have to 'move on' to another airline.

From MJ's office, she has processed out 4 ground school busts and a cpt.

mj doesnt process pilots until they are line qualified - until IOE is complete they belong to training - so once again - wrong.

also - according to the head asa IP at FSI last week - no new hire has busted ground school in several years, and only 3 have resigned this entire year for trouble while in training.

he said there has been an increase in extra sim time when guys arent ready for their check on time - but usually one or two. he also said this is no different than the last dozen hiring booms over the last ten years.

Very good point. It is semmingly apparent that Mr Merchant's points center around his issues, the ones that would further his career and earnings potential, while allowing him to not have to 'move on' to another airline.

I would submit that the majority of airline pilots main issues center around issues that would further their career and earnings potential... quit pretending that every airline pilot is fighting for some greater good... they are looking out for their best interests..... look at the current USAirways b!tchfest on the ALPA boards....

Exactly. While your were responding, you missed my edit. That's why I'll take the 23 year old over the 60+ year old any day.quote]

Care to comment on the rumor going around that you, while supposedly representing ALPA pilots, helped sabatage a LOA that JR wrote regarding ASA pilots nearing/at 60 remaining employed at ASA.

Care to comment on the rumor going around that you, while supposedly representing ALPA pilots, helped sabatage a LOA that JR wrote regarding ASA pilots nearing/at 60 remaining employed at ASA.

Probably because he knew you were nearing it and wanted you out.

You post makes no sense. You must have me confused with someone else. :confused:

I have a pretty good idea who you're referring to, maybe you should call him... unless your motive is just public embarassment... in which case, you're an even bigger tool than I thought, MP.

Last edited:

No, John, he doesn't have to call me. He won't anyhow... he's too much of a wus. I'll answer that one right here.

Yes, Mike, I did help to kill it. And I WAS representing ALPA pilots.

As the FIRST OFFICER REP, it was my duty to REPRESENT THE INTERESTS OF THE ATL FIRST OFFICERS, most of which would suffer if the retirement age was raised. Also, if I recall, JR's LOA would have allowed the retirees to come back retroactively, WITH seniority. Most of the MEC actually agreed it was a bad idea.

I find it incredibly dispicable of you to come on here "anonymously" and stir up questions of my personal credibility. Such speaks volumes of yours. And don't be the MEC's little lap dog, yelping at me and trying to bite my ankles because I dare question their negotiation strategy publicly.

Next time you have a legitimate question, grow some balls and question me in a forum where you are man enough to sign your name to the attack.

W. Faruzzi

Latest resources

Back