• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Hiring, according to Air Inc.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look for a lot more 700 to come to ATL. Where they will go is anyones guess, but DAL wants to get rid of a lot of the 50 seat lift that they currently have. Rumor is that they have inked a deal with Bombardier to trade in a 50 for every 70 and 90 they take delivery of.
Delta has not intention of getting ride of ASA. That would be a SKW deal. I would venture to guess that at worst it will be a name change and a few other cosmetic things. Look for the attrition to keep rising as DAL and others starts to hire more and more.
Best of luck guys, it was a good place with the same old problems. It sounds like a typical airline to me.

puppy - check your facts. standards has seen an increase in resumes since new LCPs can now remain on line when they finish training. according to the head IPs at FSI only threes new hire this year have washed out, though several required additional training they said it has been better than expected.

asa's performance lately has been great - granted the weather has been real good. the reason for the increase in hiring is the increase in summer block hours. we are going to see a record increase in block hours for our fleet this summer. things will slow down big time in september but by then delta will start converting the 50s of ours they own to 700s or greater. we stand a good chance provided our contract gets finished of getting those conversions - but of course its up to Jer.

Well SH sent out a memo that said voluntary premium might be gone next month... A bold face lie or an indication that we are getting staffed.

I don't see growth. I think growth at the regionals has topped out. Attrition is where movement is going to come from.

I know we all want to believe that a 200 hour pilot can't do this job. What the airlines are about to discover is that they can. They are eager to please and are trying there hardest. Expect this discovery to bite us in the a$$ in a couple years.

Well SH sent out a memo that said voluntary premium might be gone next month... A bold face lie or an indication that we are getting staffed.

Yeah Scott has never been miss informed or spoken an un-truth.

"Skywest is taking our 700's in SLC, but we are gettting a one-to-one swap on these planes for new 900's."

I know we all want to believe that a 200 hour pilot can't do this job. What the airlines are about to discover is that they can. They are eager to please and are trying there hardest. Expect this discovery to bite us in the a$$ in a couple years.

I Somewhat disagree. I believe that the pilot shortage is here. There are not enough people willing to pay $50,000 for training only to get a job paying less than $20,000. And the payoff in the end is gone too. The days of making $300,000/yr working 8 days a month are over.

Yes the job is great, but the payoff is gone. Slowly the ball is coming back in the court of the pilots again (ie..look at whats going on at AMR) Pay will start going back up and things will start swinging back the other way..although I don't think they will get back to where they were.

There is no shortage of pilots. There is a shortage of high time, qualified pilots who can easily pass training and upgrade as soon as seniority allows.

There will always be a steady stream of low timers with SJS or high time GA pilots who have enough money to afford the pay just to say they got to fly a jet for an airline. Hiring will continue.

"Skywest is taking our 700's in SLC, but we are getting a one-to-one swap on these planes for new 900's."

That was the plan. Unfortunately we are not in delta's the cost range for that aircraft. If ALPA would stop asking for the moon we could settle this contract and get back to growing.

Scott

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back