• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Havco Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep pouring it on folks. We are definately getting to them...(ie calls from CP's about write-ups, etc.) Don't forget to take your lunch breaks and taxi SAFE!! Still too many people taxing like a SWA guy....SLOW IT DOWN, and BE SAFE!! Should only be a "Brisk Walk" according to the POH!;)

Keep up the good work boys. If I happen to be in ATL behind you, why.... this should be good cause I get paid by the minute.

Don't listen to these anti-labor, management wannabes, self-serving pricks. Especially at the regional arena, it would be very difficult TODAY for management to replace you. They can't keep or hire enough pilots as it is. You guys have more power than what you're led to believe. Only that management counts on pilots' ethics to kick in and not let A SAFETY campaign prevail. Well, that should only work for a while, not five years.

The only reason (or one of the main reasons) Air Whisky and ACA went through those unfortunate events is because at the time, there wasn't a shortage of pilots anywhere. Mesa, TSA, SKW, CHQ and any other company you can think of, had resumes galore. Thus, they were able to take on substancial additional flying. At least at the regionals, that's not the case anymore. Watch eachother's back and be safe!!!!

SAFETY must be unrelenting....

...why is there even a mention about it being a temporary concern?

Each day as safe as the day before. This is a serious matter.

Absolutely!

Keep it up. We can't let them down now. They "expected" a week... let's give them a month! :angryfire

These jackoffs have no respect for us, no respect for all the hard work we do on a daily basis, and especially no respect for all the favors we have pulled for them in the past. All it takes is the solid commitment of everyone to stop doing favors! We all must be vigilant and picky-there is no excuse for any favors of any sort after what these idiots have done!

-Fly Safe!

As MTC begins to "catch up" many of the long overlooked items such as placards and standby altimeters, much of the fleet is beginning to finally be completely airworthy. That's a good thing.

I would remind our crews that safety goes beyond A/C airworthiness. Your contract SPECIFICALLY says the company will also recognize your physiological needs. They have had the professional insight and kindness to put in writing that they understand your body has certain needs to perform safely. That includes hunger.

Once you get back into ATL and your once 89 minute break has now been whittled to 48 minutes, I caution you to STOP and listen to your body. If you haven't had anything to eat in over 6 hours, why would you bust azz to get out ontime and ignore your body's need for nourishment. To get to the overnight? You'll eat there?

Alright then, what if in your rush and negligence to your body's need, this is the flight where you bend some metal?

BE SAFE !!! EAT ON AS NORMAL A SCHEDULE AS POSSIBLE !!!! You owe it to your passengers to give them a safe ride. You don't want to have to explain to their loved ones why you were rushing to get to the hotel before the restaurant closed.

A chief pilot cannot discipline you as long as your schedule shows that you have not had a reasonable opportunity AT A REASONABLE PLACE to have a normally scheduled meal. Just because you got stuck at an outstation on a ground hold for an hour doesn't mean you were at a reasonable place to get a meal.

FLY SAFE

A chief pilot cannot discipline you as long as your schedule shows that you have not had a reasonable opportunity AT A REASONABLE PLACE to have a normally scheduled meal.

Right. And the cockpit is NOT a REASONABLE PLACE.

There's enough crud and buildup in there to condemn it if it were a Port-O-Potty!

Don't eat on the airplane!

keep up the fine work....i'm finding at least 1 write up per leg, most of the mx guys are just as pi**ed and bitter as we are, and the mx guys I've dealt with have been VERY inclined to aid in ensuring the airplanes are "safe" as well...hats off to mx!!

Latest resources

Back