• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA hats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is great news for all. Every other airline should follow suit. The hat tends to make people look like bell boys. Not having the hat actually makes us pilots look more professional. The hat has probably been the most over rated part of the uniform for the longest time.

I disagree. Face it, the only difference between a male flight attendant uniform and a pilot uniform are the stripes and hat. ...plus, with the amount of gel some of these guys sport one could argue as to their orientation. :)

Nah, I don't like wearing them, but they should stay.

I disagree. Face it, the only difference between a male flight attendant uniform and a pilot uniform are the stripes and hat. ...plus, with the amount of gel some of these guys sport one could argue as to their orientation. :)

Nah, I don't like wearing them, but they should stay.
I can't stand up in an RJ as it is without a hat on. If I were to put it on to "deal with a drunk Pax" the FA wold have to lead me to the guy cause I would be able to look anywhere but straight down at the floor.

Hey, even if it does become "optional" , you can still wear yours.

how many guys actually wear them at companies where it is optional?...and who has it as an option, we do NOT have the option at RAH

the ONLY time you'll see Atlanta city cops with hats on (airport or not) is at a funeral...or when the last APD "commissioner" (can't remember her name) wanted to look taller.

I don't think anybody mistakes the APD for a professional and competent police force. Most of the ones I've seen can barely speak english, and they're American!

How about the Georgia State Patrol? Ever see them sans hat?

I don't think anybody mistakes the APD for a professional and competent police force. Most of the ones I've seen can barely speak english, and they're American!

How about the Georgia State Patrol? Ever see them sans hat?
I guess at least you can be called an equal opportunity offender. Even crossing the racial boundaries....nice. Hope you never need them for anything.

OK, since you have such a pressing need to be right, I'll concede.

Some people will just argue about anything.

Is the sky blue?
looks pretty grey this morning, actually. Has nothing to do with being right...you asked a question and I answered it. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Latest resources

Back