• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA hats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point is that the hat is a sign of authority. Cops wear hats for that reason. .

It's true.....just the other day while doing a plane swap, I'm wearing a hat, and the captain isn't. The captain giving us the plane started telling me about the condition of the plane, etc. . . etc....while our captain was standing a few feet away. He refused to acknowledge our captain until he realized that I was the FO, apologized and started over with our captain.... .

let's not forget that even though we may think it's funny, the hat draws respect from people....people are more willing to trust you if they respect you.....the general public, your boss, your wife, etc. etc. etc. ....

And to all the FO's that wear the hat and go anywhere in the terminal....isn't it nice that the people that don't know you're an FO always say, "Hi, Captain", "what can I get for you Captain?"......interesting....

What a ridulous thread! WTF cares about whether you wear a hat or not. I hate hats and love the more practical leather jackets! 'nough said!

VOTED IN FAVOR!
VOTED for The No Pilot Left Behind Group
www.nopilotleftbehind.com
Forming a new group! HateHats,LoveleatherJackets!

Course, you might just be a pretty boy Tom Cruise top gun look alike, and your captain a hog-faced troll.

Don't assume it's the hat . . . . People are drawn to looks in general. Straight, gay, don't matter.

I would also point out that most people with hats I assume are either rednecks or peons . . . like food service workers, janitors, day laborers, etc. Uniforms are the mark of a blue collar worker, or worse.

For god's sake, someone else is telling how to dress because you obviously can't be trusted to do it yourself, or you're just another billboard for the company.

It's true.....just the other day while doing a plane swap, I'm wearing a hat, and the captain isn't. The captain giving us the plane started telling me about the condition of the plane, etc. . . etc....while our captain was standing a few feet away. He refused to acknowledge our captain until he realized that I was the FO, apologized and started over with our captain.... .

let's not forget that even though we may think it's funny, the hat draws respect from people....people are more willing to trust you if they respect you.....the general public, your boss, your wife, etc. etc. etc. ....

And to all the FO's that wear the hat and go anywhere in the terminal....isn't it nice that the people that don't know you're an FO always say, "Hi, Captain", "what can I get for you Captain?"......interesting....

Last edited:
Newman for the love of god and your own self repsect! Engage in the debate and quit using the same old self centered reasons!

At least PCL128 is worthy!

Is the FedEx TA and SWA commercial not enough for you? I've asked you over and over and over again to debate the hat at a picketing event. Please tell me why the hat is counter productive at a picket event?

If you're DHD-ing and you can't close your eyes and spend some time in your own mind then read a book! Does the airline magazine have to not be crappy? Who cares about inflight magazines! Instead why don't you try and figure out why you are right and the rest of the world doesn't get it!!

Everyone has their own motives about the debate. Trust me you use the same old reasons too. You want people to wear the hat to command respect and authority. By doing this you want them to have more power at the barganing table. I am asking you how does a hat command authority?? It is what it is. It is a hat nothing more nothing less. If a hat makes you feel more important than by all means wear it. I make the same points over and over because you are lecturing me on my opinion. That is all it is, an opinion.

A majority of pilots at my airline must share my opinion because the majority elects not to wear the hat. Majority rules correct? If anyone else wants to wear the hat then be my guest. They are optional which means you can wear them or not. I dont think they hurt wearing them at the picketing event but I don't think they help either. Again it is what it is, a hat. The same hat mind you that is worn on the love boat. It is not being selfish it is choosing not to wear the hat. Don't blow this out of proportion now. Answer me this why do you get so fired up about how people choose to wear their uniform? As long as they follow the rules spelled out in the company manual you have no dog in the fight. Now if they are walking around shirt untucked unpressed thats a totally different story and I could see your point. Remember the glory days are gone and this is a changing industry. The hat being optional is simply adapting to the change of the times.

What a ridulous thread! WTF cares about whether you wear a hat or not. I hate hats and love the more practical leather jackets! 'nough said!

Hey we agree on something!

Latest resources

Back