ASA gets 13 CRJ-900's, Loses SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You never know....

I have noticed that the big D has been working Chautauqua flights on B concourse.

Don't sell yourself short. TABCDE all have MD's or 737-200's. Hey lets not forget about CVG. We all know where this DAL TA is going.

Crash Pad said:
I have a hunch I know where they will find more gates. The DAL TA allowed more 70 seaters right... like 200 total. I know where the gates will come from.

This is actually a bigger issue then a handful of 76 seaters.

200 700's will have a bigger impact then 30 76 seaters. The new 700's will be arriving as fast as they can build them.

RJ Cap:

You make a good point, but the "old" scope allowed 125 of the 700's and the airline only has 83. What has changed to accelerate that process now?

I'm surprised we are atking more 50 seaters. Wonder if we are swapping out older 50 seat aircraft?

I've heard from multiple sources from maintenance managers to crew planners that ASA is not going to grow.

~~~^~~~

~~~^~~~ said:
RJ Cap:

You make a good point, but the "old" scope allowed 125 of the 700's and the airline only has 83. What has changed to accelerate that process now?

I'm surprised we are atking more 50 seaters. Wonder if we are swapping out older 50 seat aircraft?

I've heard from multiple sources from maintenance managers to crew planners that ASA is not going to grow.

~~~^~~~

I thought we were at the max on the previous 700 allotment. I could be wrong.

Regarding no growth, I would forsee a gradual replacement of the 200 with the 700. I believe these last 200's are part of a deal with Bomb. regarding upcoming replacement of 200's with 700's. This is why I have been so adament about not taking paycuts on the 700.

I think you will see a transformation of ASA into a predominately 700 and 705 operator. It just makes sense to utilize 700's with the additional revenue capacity while operating at nearly the same cost as a 200. Also add into that the better maint. history of the 700.

Not to flame but I don't think the 705 will be the end of airframe/seat growth. The trend in the industry is continuing to shift larger a/c to the regionals. The unions can't stop it and the pilots won't take a hard stand so get ready here it comes. However, you won't see signifcant growth in wages at the regional level. Hopefully there will be improvements in QOL to make the job more enjoyable but we will hae to wait and see.

GO AROUND said:
Improvements to QOL = more pay. For me anyway.

Ditto.

Trip and Duty rigs will be more effective in increasing pay then any hourly wage rate increase. I should qualify that by saying "effective trip and duty rigs."

I hope we don't touch the profit sharing issue. I realize Skywest has an entirely different corporate culture and a history of consistent profit sharing. On the other hand ASA has a history of hating its employees and wouldn't think twice about taking a profit sharing compensation component and abusing it or using it as a punishment tool.

~~~^~~~ said:
What would everyone think of collecting funds for independent lawyers to look at a single carrier petition? ALPA will not do it for a whole number of reasons, but it probably should be done. What is the consensus amongst ASA pilots?

It would only take $15 a pilot to raise $25,000, which would be enough to get started.

I think that it would be p-ssing away $15 / $25,000. SW is the acquiring carrier and nonunion, so it looks to me like they call the shots. If SW was ALPA, I might view it differently.

AdamKooper said:
They have got to add a New base. Its going to be a Cluster F**K in ATL with all these planes. More than it already is.

It may mean a return to trips that start and end in ATL, but go elsewhere in between. Satellite bases like Comair's may also be a possibility.

BTW has the General checked in the 76 seaters? I havn't seen him post since the news broke.

Also consider that these new planes are not going to be doing just quick trips. They will likely be gone for 8 to 10 hours at a time doing flights to Mexico and such. They wouldn't be in ATL that much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back