ASA gets 13 CRJ-900's, Loses SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smacktard said:
Hey, where's the footnote? That came from my thread!

My apologies.

In my haste to respond to Merchant's rant I neglected to follow literary etiquette. Thanks for finding that operation information !!

~~~^~~~ said:
RJ Cap:

Not too sure that I understand your quote. If block hour costs are the same, then the -700 really puts the 50 in the dirt with its 40% greater revenue capacity. Who knows what Delta pays us to fly these things. The numbers I've seen represent the -700 to be around 15% more to operate than a -200 and the 900's to be another 4 to 5% on top of the -700.

I agree with you that Crew Costs are not the determining factor, but they are a part of sum Jerry Atkin looks at when deciding where to deploy his assets. I think Atlanta was always where the 705/900's were headed because we are Delta's primary hub and the feed is needed here more than elsewhere. But it costs Skywest next to nothing to route their -700's through ATL on 4 day trips.

Another factor is that no one wants to bid the -700/-900 left seat at its current pay rates. Will ASA management like having that airplane as the "junior upgrade?"

The answer might just be a blended list.

~~~^~~~

In a nutshell;

Skywest, 50 and 70 seat, pilots make more money then ASA.

The 700 has 40% revenue capacity with the same ops cost as the 50.

Ultimately we will be a 700/900 operator due to the economics of the aircraft.

If we settle for a flat 50 seat rate then we will be flying 700 and 900 a/c with no incremental pay change. Thats great for JA and lousy for us.

NO 700 PAYCUT !!!!

~~~^~~~ said:
RJ Cap:

Not too sure that I understand your quote. If block hour costs are the same, then the -700 really puts the 50 in the dirt with its 40% greater revenue capacity. Who knows what Delta pays us to fly these things. The numbers I've seen represent the -700 to be around 15% more to operate than a -200 and the 900's to be another 4 to 5% on top of the -700.

I agree with you that Crew Costs are not the determining factor, but they are a part of sum Jerry Atkin looks at when deciding where to deploy his assets. I think Atlanta was always where the 705/900's were headed because we are Delta's primary hub and the feed is needed here more than elsewhere. But it costs Skywest next to nothing to route their -700's through ATL on 4 day trips.

Another factor is that no one wants to bid the -700/-900 left seat at its current pay rates. Will ASA management like having that airplane as the "junior upgrade?"

The answer might just be a blended list.

~~~^~~~

The quote, I believe says that seat mile costs are the same not block hour (at about 10c)

~~~^~~~ said:
He has told us that if an acceptable agreement is not reached he will slowly phase in SkyWest and ASA will stop growing.

Could you provide some references to that statement? Date, time, location, witnesss? That's news to me, and news to our union.

HoserASA said:
Hereeeeeeeeeeeee's....Johnny....again! Guess you had to rest up for a few weeks before you started back with the same old crap on here and the ASA message boards eh John?

Hoser

Oh yeah, almost forgot John, ALPA Speaks For Me!

Hey, at least he's consistent!

;)Right ON RJcap! I am with you! They will be dumping the 50's as fast as they can and here we would be sitting flying all these bigger airplanes for less! Screw that!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back