• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA gear up in JFK like Miracle on Hudson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it is my thread, so if I may intervene here?

I never made the point that this compares to Sully. But it is a shame with all the regional pilot bashing which has transpired lately, due to the new politics of "take it back", that proper credit is not given to pilots in general-and further that lines are drawn across the regional/major divide.

I see your point. The headlines, if not the articles keep calling him a DELTA pilot. If it had turned out tragically YOU CAN BET he would immediately be identified as an ASA pilot. One of those marginally trained regional pilots who needed mentoring.

BTW, some of the online news comments are so laughable!! If you want to lose faith in the human race make sure and read some of the statements people leave on these news sites. Several authoritative comments had the plane built in Brazil, didn't bother to dump fuel (how reckless), REALLY old, and had maint. done in south America. They were not speculating, they were speaking as if it were a FACT.

Many were complaining about how annoying the FA was repeating commands like that! Like.. um.....dude I heard you the first time.

Last edited:
I was Conroyd's F/O and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!!!!!!!

They both did a good job.

First Officers at ASA don't get paid enough to receive publicity.

We have FOs?

Oh yeah, those guys...uuummmm I'm gonna need you to come in on sunday, yeeeaahh....ummmmmm

No. Really. You do have to come in on Sunday because you've been junior manned.

Exactly, in NO way!

I said they did a great job, but 2 compare the 2 is apples to oranges.

I agree. Sully was lucky. Conroyd used skill.

Latest resources

Back