Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buscap

From CBS News:

It's a landing many are already comparing to the U.S. Airways "Miracle on the Hudson" from January 2009, when Captain Chesley (Sully) Sullenberger ditched his plane in the river after losing power in both engines, saving the lives of 155 passengers and crew.

"He was our 'Capt. Sully,'" passenger John Predham told the Daily News. "I can't wait to see him receive all of the credit he deserves."

"It was a blessing from God that he was able to make a perfect landing in a difficult situation," Conroyd's wife Shelly told the Daily News.

Sullenberger himself praised Conroyd.

"I commend the crew for ensuring a successful outcome for everyone onboard," he said in a statement obtained by Fox News.

Some beer thoughts...

So I just gotta wonder, if Sully will tell his FO to STFU about regional pilots?

I doubt it, but more importantly I would like to point out we had a 50 seat crew do this same thing, just as well, in ATL not long ago. No national attention, even though it was at the world's busiest airport.

Oh well, we don't get paid for the attention anyway, but a great job by the crew. The 50 seat crew did a training video which was absolutely fantastic and I hope one comes out of this also, as I learned quite a bit from the seat 50 crew video.

The moral of the story is: If you want proper credit, divert to NYC or LGA!!

They did a great job, but in no way can this compare to the river landing!!

A gear up landing? With a QRH to guide you, a Dispatcher to assist and plenty of time to prepare? You're kidding right?

Some of you guys are taking this inferiority complex to a whole new level.

no mention at all by CBS evening news that there was even an F/O on board. yay.

They did a great job but lets not get too excited about this. No "miracle" here.

Don't embarrass yourself and ASA

Latest resources

Back