• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA gear up in JFK like Miracle on Hudson

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O please, many many aircraft have landed with gear in all types of positions with the same outcome. Congrats to the ASA crew for their fine airman ship but this in no way comes close to Sully - completely different.

Again, I didn't say it was equal to the Hudson and Sully.

You guys love a pile on so go for it.

I'm proud of our crew and they saved lives.

O please, many many aircraft have landed with gear in all types of positions with the same outcome. Congrats to the ASA crew for their fine airman ship but this in no way comes close to Sully - completely different.

From what I've read and seen on TV, the only ones comparing the ASA crew to Sully are the passengers!! Any complaints, talk to the pax. I don't think anyone in the industry thinks this compares to Sully's landing. The ASA crew did a great job, but no it doesn't compare to the "miracle on the Hudson".

Well, it is my thread, so if I may intervene here?

I never made the point that this compares to Sully. But it is a shame with all the regional pilot bashing which has transpired lately, due to the new politics of "take it back", that proper credit is not given to pilots in general-and further that lines are drawn across the regional/major divide.

Props to the crew-cabin and cockpit- and I really wish everyone a nice day.

We don't get paid to fly airplanes. We get paid to fly airplanes after the pooo hits the fan. And after the pooo does hits the fan, we're all on the same payscale.

A gear up landing? With a QRH to guide you, a Dispatcher to assist and plenty of time to prepare? You're kidding right?

Some of you guys are taking this inferiority complex to a whole new level.

I bet buscap has to sit down to pee! I can't imagine how sweat soaked his seat is after landing VMC with a 5 knot crosswind...lol!

I bet buscap has to sit down to pee! I can't imagine how sweat soaked his seat is after landing VMC with a 5 knot crosswind...lol!

Waaayy past my personal limits!!!

Again, I didn't say it was equal to the Hudson and Sully.

You guys love a pile on so go for it.

I'm proud of our crew and they saved lives.

Saved lives?!?! I bet you think you are "saving lives" on an every day basis. Sioux City, IA saved lives.

Here's to "everyday heroes" and every kid getting a medal. What a joke this society has become.

Latest resources

Back