• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA future with Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trojan- I agree with you that there is BIG money in a combined list. Hey- just the cost savings alone on the maintenance side would be tremendous, let alone what a merged certificate would yield.

As for commuting- I've pretty much given that up and decided to give up my house for rent, so it's not much of an issue for me now. I will admitt though, I was hopefull of a base in North Carolina, flying 900's for Airways................Guess I'll have to wait a little longer for my "Mesa's Out of Business" blow out party bash.................

Speedtape- how about a German American flight crew? My mental image immediately flashes to some of those nice Fraulines like you see at Haufbrauhaus in Cincinnatti. However, my hopes and dreams are crushed by the oppressive tonage of our local Atlanta tallent, and smothered in blubber..............

How would one list prevent shrinkage?

So, who else on the ASA list would vote to leave ALPA to join the skywest pilot ass'n in pursuit of one seniority list. Since union membership would prohibit list integration...and they have no interest in joining ALPA...that's about what our choice is.

I'd take combined lists/certificates/merger over ALPA membership in a heartbeat.

So, who else on the ASA list would vote to leave ALPA to join the skywest pilot ass'n in pursuit of one seniority list. Since union membership would prohibit list integration...and they have no interest in joining ALPA...that's about what our choice is.

I'd take combined lists/certificates/merger over ALPA membership in a heartbeat.

Very short sighted.

2796 Total pilots at SkyWest. 300 on some sort of leave. I would guess 2400 current flying pilots.

Very short sighted.

How so? I know DALPA is going after the idea of any future DCI flying being done by APLA guys only. However, I'd believe I'd be party to turning in my ALPA card for a SW number to get one list if I retained my date of hire. The benefits of ALPA seem to be diminishing by the day. Inc. has shown that they will take care of their people if their people take care of them.

If DALPA did secure that provision, the pilot group could secure always secure representation.

If I were SKYW I'd probably want stay non-union. But even though ASA has changed a lot the last couple years, I'm not ready to give up the checks-and-balance we have with a union. Also, ALPA has a strong advocacy system in place for medical, certificate, LOL and other things that you don't have otherwise.

One other thing to keep in the back of our minds is SKYW,Inc has said it would like to buy another airline, possibly even be stand-alone in some part. It would work in our favor to be in good standing with ALPA, whether the other airline were ALPA or not. Think about that in a potential situation like RAH has now, and remember how much it hurt the USSAirways guys by not having representation.

2796 Total pilots at SkyWest. 300 on some sort of leave. I would guess 2400 current flying pilots.
Thanks for that. So now we have
Nov 2007
SKYW ________ aircraft _______ pilots
ASA ________ aircraft.....1700 pilots

Now
SKYW 290 aircraft 2800 pilots (300-400 on leave)
ASA 158 aircraft __________ pilots (______ on furlough/leave)

Latest resources

Back