• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furloughing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dislike Mesa as much as the next guy, (probably more so since I worked there) but I just don't get an ALPA member saying things like this is. It's a little hypocritical.

Maybe you should read the history of the Mesa contract, how they had to make some sacrifices to get Freedom in-house, and the same list...not floating out on it's own like GoJet.

Just further proof that ALPA unity is a myth.

"Make some sacrifices" is a little of an understatement, don't you think? I think contract items such as WORKING FOR FREE (block or worse) should have killed the whole deal (and that's not even considering that just about every other element of that contract was substandard). I'm sorry, even though I respect the fact that they had some tough choices to make, I have little sympathy for the guys who signed that POS contract.

I also have even less respect for all the guys who hired on there after the contract was signed, which is a large number considering the attrition rate. An excellent example of a group of guys looking for "a quick upgrade to get that 1000 PIC and move on...", all at the expense of the entire industry. How ironic that they have only been hurting their own future careers. Again, absolutely no sympathy that the company is going down in flames.

"Make some sacrifices" is a little of an understatement, don't you think? I think contract items such as WORKING FOR FREE (block or worse) should have killed the whole deal (and that's not even considering that just about every other element of that contract was substandard). I'm sorry, even though I respect the fact that they had some tough choices to make, I have little sympathy for the guys who signed that POS contract.

I also have even less respect for all the guys who hired on there after the contract was signed, which is a large number considering the attrition rate. An excellent example of a group of guys looking for "a quick upgrade to get that 1000 PIC and move on...", all at the expense of the entire industry. How ironic that they have only been hurting their own future careers. Again, absolutely no sympathy that the company is going down in flames.

You're right the contract sucked. However, the threat of JO taking all the flying from Mesa and putting it on the Freedom certificate was very, very real, and in fact some flights already were being replaced by Freedom. The Mesa guys didn't have a whole lot of leverage.

So maybe you'd sympathize with having that POS contract over not having a job.

I'm not trying to say Mesa doesn't suck. It does. I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the situation and remind people of the history that brought Mesa to where they are. The pilots aren't at fault for making it a bad place to work, management is.

WE DON'T PAY FOR GAS!!!! It almost seems like you guys want us to fourlough! Geesh, lighten up a bit, if you say things enough you will start putting ideas into their heads and then we will fourlough. My confidense is high that ASA will be fine, and after Mesa goes tits up, we will be looking really smart for having the crews available to cover that flying. If you fourlough, you have to send all of those guys back some some sort of training to get them back online. Have a little faith!

Maybe we don't pay for it directly, but if we don't conserve fuel, Delta will not be happy with us. We can go a long way towards self-preservation by playing ball with Delta, and decreasing their fuel costs.

Granted, and trust me, I do my best ot conserve. My point was we will not be fourloughing due to the price of gas directly. All of the doom and gloom on here about ASA is totally pilot generated, nothing of the such has come down from management. Stop trying to scare everyone who is hanging on to the bottom of the list. As for Mesa going out of business and being a hypocrite, yes I do hope they fold! That is not hypocritical. Just because your company is represented by Alpa does not mean that they deserve to be in business. Had the Mesa pilots forced JO's hand instead of bending over and taking it brokeback style, they would have been hero's, but now they are just sell outs! There is some sympathy for the guys and gals that were there before the last contract, as well as from the other airlines gobbled up by Mesa, but anyone who has gone there in the last five years deserves everything that is coming down the pipe. They tried to cut the line, and some were succesful, but for those that weren't, they are moving to the back. Its kind of like when some ass tries to pass on the median in bumper to bumper traffic, it always puts a big smile on my face to see them get popped by the cops, same thing here. When Mesa goes under, I will smile, as well as alot of other "brothers" who feel they have been stabbed in the back by the scum bags that work there.

My point was we will not be fourloughing due to the price of gas directly.

Not true at all. If we furlough, it absolutely will be because of the price of fuel. If Delta decrease it's flying (due to high fuel costs), they will need less feed. Also, Delta will cut back frequency of RJ flights to avoid paying the high fuel costs, and more directly the losses that will come because of less demand - therefor, less revenue. It is better to park RJ's (due to high fuel costs) than fly them at a loss.

Shows how young you are. At some point everyones (especially the "commuter airlines") contract sucked.
Your logic would mean no one would be at ASA, Comair...etc. We are on contact #2 how about you.What do you know abut the situation we had with our CC air pilots...probly not much. So to end this...grow up, get a clue as to your history and everyone else's, and support your ALPA pilots in our quest for a #rd contract.

Well, FWIW, I'm at SKW, and I just got an email about recurrent, which is still a couple months out... if that's any indication. (Which it probably isn't.)

-Goose

Latest resources

Back