• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furloughing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm betting a gallon of jet A was less than half the cost back then.

WE DON'T PAY FOR GAS!!!! It almost seems like you guys want us to fourlough! Geesh, lighten up a bit, if you say things enough you will start putting ideas into their heads and then we will fourlough.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR GAS TO BE AFFECTED BY HIGH FUEL PRICES!!!! Remember, that the hands that feed you pay for gas so Capt Oveur's point stands.

I certainly hope ASA doesn't furlough, just making a point. Also, nothing can be said here to influence management to furlough or not.

Last edited:
Are they already offering those COMA lines or are they coming when things slow down?

It looks like they are coming in AUG. They were meant to be put in place for Sep, but are implementing it early.

Trojan

Don't kid yourself...Skywest INC will get rid of any pilot they don't feel they need. They are very smart...thus this fact. There is a big difference between "not wanting" and "needing" to trim the fat. Sucks bc I'm sure I'd be in a cut at skywest.

I tend to agree with Joe on this for once, and for once it was not Joe who started the ALPA vs. Joe debate.

I believe that Skywest Inc. actually means what they say in just about every webcast, that they believe in taking care of the people that work there.

Now, that means to the extent possible from a business/stockholder perspective of course, and Skywest is just about the only "Regional Airline" out there that can back that up with past practice.

The airline world is filtering out the weak and the market will determine who survives, I'm thankful so far that ASA is apart of SKywest Inc. portfolio.

By the way, if you are thinking of doing the LOA or COMA, an LOA will not retain travel bennies, but a COMA will.

Medeco

WE DON'T PAY FOR GAS!!!! It almost seems like you guys want us to fourlough! Geesh, lighten up a bit, if you say things enough you will start putting ideas into their heads and then we will fourlough. My confidense is high that ASA will be fine, and after Mesa goes tits up, we will be looking really smart for having the crews available to cover that flying. If you fourlough, you have to send all of those guys back some some sort of training to get them back online. Have a little faith!

Keep an eye on CVG.

WE DON'T PAY FOR GAS!!!! It almost seems like you guys want us to fourlough! Geesh, lighten up a bit, if you say things enough you will start putting ideas into their heads and then we will fourlough. My confidense is high that ASA will be fine, and after Mesa goes tits up, we will be looking really smart for having the crews available to cover that flying. If you fourlough, you have to send all of those guys back some some sort of training to get them back online. Have a little faith!

It almost seems that you want MESA to go tits up!
Yes, I would then like you to lose your job as well.

It almost seems that you want MESA to go tits up!
Yes, I would then like you to lose your job as well.
And your point is? Mesa has been a pus filled sore on the ass of this industry for far to long. Because of Mesa's pos contract pilots at respectable airlines have lost their jobs. If Mesa goes under I just view it as Karma getting paid in full!

Yeah well, some of them will need to be covered, and some of them will be dropped.

don't forget that while COMA's are being offered, we always have pilots on sick leave, medical leave, vacation, RGT, PC's, LOFTS, ...

Funny thing is Brad mentioned web boards and rumors in his weekly update tonight, you think he's lurking? Maybe participating?

Hey Brad, wassup? nice job your doing, keep it up, bouyee!!!

Medeco
He's always watching...

And your point is? Mesa has been a pus filled sore on the ass of this industry for far to long. Because of Mesa's pos contract pilots at respectable airlines have lost their jobs. If Mesa goes under I just view it as Karma getting paid in full!

I dislike Mesa as much as the next guy, (probably more so since I worked there) but I just don't get an ALPA member saying things like this is. It's a little hypocritical.

Maybe you should read the history of the Mesa contract, how they had to make some sacrifices to get Freedom in-house, and the same list...not floating out on it's own like GoJet.

Just further proof that ALPA unity is a myth.

Don't kid yourself...Skywest INC will get rid of any pilot they don't feel they need. They are very smart...thus this fact. There is a big difference between "not wanting" and "needing" to trim the fat. Sucks bc I'm sure I'd be in a cut at skywest.
Then please tell me why it was that SkyWest Inc. didn't furlough pilots post 9/11 when management and upper salaried employees were taking temporary pay cuts and the reserve staffing levels was out the roof. Wasn't that a case of "needing to trim the fat"?

Latest resources

Back