• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Flight Control FREQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with you 100% what we deal with in flight control is when the feds come into flight control ( and trust me they do and were just here the other day ) and ask where a flight is that I am responsible for

Fltdspx,

Once the dispatcher has been advised that we have been waiting for T/O or a gate for over 30 mins what options/tools can you help us with? Unless we are getting close to MINF for T/O or near running empty waiting for a gate there is very little you can do for us especially during IROPS which we are propabaly in at that point.

Honestly absolutely nothing..they want us to get with you to update your ETO..that is "estimated time off" so it will go into the plot. The plot (universal aircraft managing program that automatically transfers times into delta term). Even though you technically show "out" but not "off" there is a time lapse in there they are trying to account for. This is to let every other station know when you are expected to be airborn and to push back your ETA to that station. That way they can update pax at outstations waiting on your a/c to get there and flow out your return flight when you come back.

Thx for the info

Thx for the info

As far as helping you get a gate..that is just IROPS in general. I cant call over and get gate space moved or getting those boyzz out there any faster. Trust me i put my time in over there back in the days when we nosing 6 brasilias out at C21 and C23. Spinning ATR's in the back at C24 and vibrating the windows there going to where operations used to be. In my opinion that is I guess, "you get what you pay for." All the good guys I can remember have left from over there..thank the ramp B scale implementation for running those guys away.

I agree with you 100% what we deal with in flight control is when the feds come into flight control ( and trust me they do and were just here the other day ) and ask where a flight is that I am responsible for

And you have been at ASA for how long?

If the feds are bothering you just drop a heavy object or a book on their foot and walk away while cursing.

We will not be able to look out the window when we move to the new G.O. don't get me wrong I am all for getting rid of the freq.however that doesn't seem like that will happen from what I hear now. This has all started up because of the de-ice problems the other week in ATL. there were flts out for 2-4 hrs before thay got off the ground. some of the fltswould not answer the ACARS nor there radio and Brad wanted to know where certain flts were and we had no answer for him.
Most of us listen up almost all the time (everyone forgets to flip freq. or turn up #2 once in a while) and most of us have no problem making a brief call for whatever reason may come up. What you have to understand (and I'm sure you do) is Will and a very few others were abused as children and now are forced to live in the south with all of us ignorant/incompetent/inbred/unedumacated/toothless/black/slaveowner
/public school morons. oh yeah...conservative bible thumping conservatives...

Whatever you do, don't lump the rest of us into that group.:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back