ASA Flight Control FREQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fltdspx

Rumor has it at the G.O. that 131.15 will not make the move to the new G.O. which was the old Eastern hanger. ACARS and Delta radio will be the primary source of communication

Rumor has it at the G.O. that 131.15 will not make the move to the new G.O. which was the old Eastern hanger. ACARS and Delta radio will be the primary source of communication

heard that myself also co-worker...you know the FAA was in here on dayshift, and rwy incursion is a hot topic right now. i think that they think with our a/c trying to monitor our freq. and the tower freq and they think that is operationally unsafe....so we will see later. pm me with your info..

So what about non-ACARS airplanes like the ATRah? Should we just call Delta Radio every time we need to check the wx or amend a release? What does that cost, $10 per call? What a dumb idea.

So what about non-ACARS airplanes like the ATRah? Should we just call Delta Radio every time we need to check the wx or amend a release? What does that cost, $10 per call? What a dumb idea.

Might cost a bit more in the short term, but the ATRs are going away anyway.

Hmm, so ASA can't just keep the antenna on the roof of the crystal palace, lease the space. They can run a cord to the new building, wouldn't that just be cheaper than using delta radio. That is going to slow this place down to a grinding halt. I'm not wasting my cell phone minutes to call my dispatch desk.

Hmm, so ASA can't just keep the antenna on the roof of the crystal palace, lease the space. They can run a cord to the new building, wouldn't that just be cheaper than using delta radio. That is going to slow this place down to a grinding halt. I'm not wasting my cell phone minutes to call my dispatch desk.

You're so disgruntled. Have you been flying with that jerk WF? Faruzzi!

trying to monitor our freq. and the tower freq and they think that is operationally unsafe....

IT IS!!

There is NO reason at all when after leaving the gate until out of 10K on departure, or on arrival, upon entering TRACON airspace until parking at the gate, that anyone should "monitor company freq". This is why there are "incursions, landing on wrong runways, landing and taking off withou clearances, altitude deviations in TRACON airspace, etc. PERIOD!!! Until you are in Center's airspace, autopilot on etc, BOTH pilots need to be on ONE frequency, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL. This crap about monitoring company freq is BS. During my ASA tenure, I instructed all of my FO's to do just that. As soon as we were talking to GND, that is it, ATC only, #2 radio is off. If company wants you they can relay through ATC for you to call company. Maintenance pops up, QRH first then find a place to park and call maint. After landing is probably the most important. Until you are off GND and talking to Ron on the ramp,
there should only be one radio on, ATC.

And here's an idea. How about eliminating the "call scheduling" when calling in range... as was supposed to happen over a year ago. If the FAA wants to crack down on non essential communications during critical phases of flight, that would be a good place to start. It's very distracting wondering during the approach how you're about to get bent over without even a reach around.

IT IS!!

There is NO reason at all when after leaving the gate until out of 10K on departure, or on arrival, upon entering TRACON airspace until parking at the gate, that anyone should "monitor company freq". This is why there are "incursions, landing on wrong runways, landing and taking off withou clearances, altitude deviations in TRACON airspace, etc. PERIOD!!! Until you are in Center's airspace, autopilot on etc, BOTH pilots need to be on ONE frequency, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL. This crap about monitoring company freq is BS. During my ASA tenure, I instructed all of my FO's to do just that. As soon as we were talking to GND, that is it, ATC only, #2 radio is off. If company wants you they can relay through ATC for you to call company. Maintenance pops up, QRH first then find a place to park and call maint. After landing is probably the most important. Until you are off GND and talking to Ron on the ramp,
there should only be one radio on, ATC.

Agreed, I always turn down #2 during critical phases of flight. Especially ops after calling in range. All of that chatter on 130.32 is very distracting. But a lot of FOs, especially new ones get uPset over this because IT IS FAA REQUIRED TO MONITOR! OH GOD, WE'RE GONNA GET VIOLATED IF THEY TRY TO CALL US!!! :eek:

And here's an idea. How about eliminating the "call scheduling" when calling in range... as was supposed to happen over a year ago. If the FAA wants to crack down on non essential communications during critical phases of flight, that would be a good place to start. It's very distracting wondering during the approach how you're about to get bent over without even a reach around.

What's comical is that ops won't tell you your connecting gate and ship number because of "sterile cockpit", but will be the first to gleefully tell you to call scheduling. I just ignore them and read back everything but that.

Funny, don't I have to be notified by my company of a schedule change? Last I checked, my company isn't telling me what gate to park at anymore.

Latest resources

Back