• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Flight Control FREQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's comical is that ops won't tell you your connecting gate and ship number because of "sterile cockpit", but will be the first to gleefully tell you to call scheduling. I just ignore them and read back everything but that.

Funny, don't I have to be notified by my company of a schedule change? Last I checked, my company isn't telling me what gate to park at anymore.

I don't even read back the gate when they do that.

And yes, your company has to notify you. Delta is not our company, so I just ignore them. Non essential communications during a critical phase of flight? No message received.

I turn both radio's off when I get below 10,000. All that chatter makes me nervous, and it makes it impossible to hear my I-pod

Most of the dispatcher don't want 131.15 anyway.. 1/3 of the conversation is actually for operation 1/3 is used by crew sked. and 1/3 is complaints so really it sounds like you all don’t' use it unless you need to complain. Besides the other night when Brad Holt was in flight control he seems to think that the radio is a good tool for us ( dispatchers ) to be able to get our flights to find out where they are because no one is calling us after the normal 30min taxi time has elapsed so he thinks all we have to do is get on the radio and call you guys but after reading a few msgs. most of you don't bother tuning it in anyway.. Things that make you go mmmmm

I don't really understand the 30 minute call. Where do you think we've gone? Off in a ditch somewhere?

Most of the dispatcher don't want 131.15 anyway.. 1/3 of the conversation is actually for operation 1/3 is used by crew sked. and 1/3 is complaints so really it sounds like you all don’t' use it unless you need to complain. Besides the other night when Brad Holt was in flight control he seems to think that the radio is a good tool for us ( dispatchers ) to be able to get our flights to find out where they are because no one is calling us after the normal 30min taxi time has elapsed so he thinks all we have to do is get on the radio and call you guys but after reading a few msgs. most of you don't bother tuning it in anyway.. Things that make you go mmmmm

BC, you don't seem to have high regard for pilots. You might want to think over the disrespectful statements you're making about us if you want us to respect and cooperate with you.

It good to hear things from the other side of the airport and all, but that there is a 70+ word run-on sentence. Stream-of-conciousness ideas are great but not all of us dum pylots can pay attention long enough to decipher what you're saying.

I don't really understand the 30 minute call. Where do you think we've gone? Off in a ditch somewhere?

All the 30 minute call does is jam up the frequency and prevent important conversations.

Look out the damn window. See that money line 20 deep. We're in it. Your ASD will show you when we take off.

Those are big assumptions. Just like you would not want me to put all dispatchers in one group such as "crew haters", you should not assume 10 to 20 pilots on FI translates into 1700 pilots at ASA not tuning up 131.15 leaving the gate.

Its another tool, when needed and if the BS talk begins and I'm in a critical phase of operation then I turn it down, sometimes I turn it up for a good laugh.

Medeco

All the 30 minute call does is jam up the frequency and prevent important conversations.

Look out the damn window. See that money line 20 deep. We're in it. Your ASD will show you when we take off.
We will not be able to look out the window when we move to the new G.O. don't get me wrong I am all for getting rid of the freq.however that doesn't seem like that will happen from what I hear now. This has all started up because of the de-ice problems the other week in ATL. there were flts out for 2-4 hrs before thay got off the ground. some of the fltswould not answer the ACARS nor there radio and Brad wanted to know where certain flts were and we had no answer for him.

Fltdspx,

Once the dispatcher has been advised that we have been waiting for T/O or a gate for over 30 mins what options/tools can you help us with? Unless we are getting close to MINF for T/O or near running empty waiting for a gate there is very little you can do for us especially during IROPS which we are propabaly in at that point.

Latest resources

Back