ASA finally Sold....really

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
You guys should be hoping we will raise the bar for you with the new contract!

You better believe it. Any OO (or other pilot for that mater) should be pulling hard for you. Hopefully you guys will finally get a decent contract. Don't cave like the OO folks. Show them how it's done! Drop some ALPA cards by the crew rooms while you are at it......

Grassstrippilot said:
Crash Pad said:
Sh!t, S3B city here we come

Also, say bye, bye to:
- DECU (did we ever decide this one for sure?)

Sh!tty deal. Not to mention all the more important issues at hand.
I read that our DECU membership will remain. After all, DECU is profitable and our business helps :)

rtmcfi said:
You better believe it. Any OO (or other pilot for that mater) should be pulling hard for you. Hopefully you guys will finally get a decent contract. Don't cave like the OO folks. Show them how it's done! Drop some ALPA cards by the crew rooms while you are at it......

Show them how it's done?? Is that HOW IT's DONE? Unions fail airlines, you sit in front of your computer with a prime example! I do congradulate ASA for a better future but should care for that future. Leave the past behind

So if SkyWest has a union vote and its approved, does that mean mgmt can't keep ASA & SkyWest separate?

The ALPA "identical carrier" clause or whatever its called won't allow for two like carriers to be owned by the same company without merging the seniority lists(as my weak mind understands it).
Not that ALPA followed it when Delta bought ASA & Comair.

Grassstrippilot said:
Crash Pad said:
Sh!t, S3B city here we come

S3Bs??? You wish. Try S3Cs, domestic only (meaning western hemisphere basically). Also, say bye, bye to:

- Travel net
- S2s
- H-1 jumpseat priority
- buddy passes
- Your parents bennies (on mainline. Nothing but ID-75 or 90s for them)
- International travel days. Oh, you'll get three per year. Good for one R/T for one person to Europe.
- DECU (did we ever decide this one for sure?)

Disclaimer: This is based on what we had at my previous airline operating as a DCI carrier last year. I believe it is the same that all third party carriers get.

Sh!tty deal. Not to mention all the more important issues at hand.

Don't count on the above to remain the same. I'll bet Delta offers Skywest, Inc. employees a better travel deal. At least I'm hoping anyway. It certainly isn't set in stone yet...

FixNFly said:
So if SkyWest has a union vote and its approved, does that mean mgmt can't keep ASA & SkyWest separate?

The ALPA "identical carrier" clause or whatever its called won't allow for two like carriers to be owned by the same company without merging the seniority lists(as my weak mind understands it).
Not that ALPA followed it when Delta bought ASA & Comair.

They may have to merge senority lists, but I don't think they have to merge the two companies. ALPA gurus, please correct.

Delta wouldn't cover the debt of a non-owned entity...

chperplt said:
I didn't see any mention of SKYW assuming XXXX million/billion in RJ debt as the General said would be a must when a sale would happen.

Did I miss this info in the press release??

First, I want to wish everyone luck in this process. As far as RJ debt is concerned, I am certain that the leases or RJ debt will be assigned to Skywest. Do you think that Delta would continue to guarantee the debt of a non-owned regional? Highly doubt it. Skywest will likely assume any debt or aircraft leases - period.

I agree that the whipsaw negotiating tool will likely be used in the future, unfortunately. For example, if the ASA guys don't agree to Skywest CR7 wages, then all growth will go to the "compliant" Skywest pilot group... And back and forth and back and forth - it's a classic negotiations strategy.

Good luck to everyone involved

Crank up the NMB and the single carrier.....Here comes ALPA, Skywest

Latest resources

Back