• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA finally Sold....really

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't see any mention of SKYW assuming XXXX million/billion in RJ debt as the General said would be a must when a sale would happen.

Did I miss this info in the press release??

As someone who has been at ASA for more than 5 years I think that this will be a good thing. I guess I'm a glass full kind of guy!

With any luck Skywest will replace our management "team" with people who know how to manage. It seem's to me that Skywest people are generally happier with their company than we are with ours, and I would have to say that is all down to the management "style" we endure on a daily basis!

My only worry for the commuters at ASA is that I believe Skywest gets S3C on Delta, so that is going to make life really difficult for a lot of commuters. That is a large percentage of our pilots.

Things are going to get interesting with the contract now! I can't believe that Skywest will want to drag out the negotiations any longer than necessary.

Rape the horses, and ride out on their women!

This is interesting!! Message from Jerry Atkin on the new skywest.com:

" Welcome to SkyWest, Inc. We're excited about bringing a new carrier under the SkyWest, Inc. umbrella. In today's fluid environment, it seems everyone from analysts to the average airline passenger has ideas on rebuilding our industry's model, but we know that some things remain timeless best practices in any business. We've found that quality service with a competitive cost structure is the cornerstone in excellence for our employees, our customers, and every stake holder at SkyWest, Inc.
Though both airlines will continue to run as separate entities, ASA's information technology and administrative functions currently managed by Delta will transition to SkyWest, Inc. within the first twelve months. SkyWest, Inc. will also begin a "best practices" initiative with both airlines to learn from each other's strengths, as we believe that the collective synergies of both airlines creates a powerful force as an independent yet cohesive alliance.

So while others make failed attempts in search of reinventing business models or wait for paradigms to shift, we're going to continue to build on what's made us successful for over thirty years. We welcome ASA to the SkyWest, Inc. family and look forward to bridging the regional gap from West to East.

Jerry Atkin
Chairman
Chief Executive Officer
SkyWest, Inc.

Dream on about Skywest mgmt. They are all high altitude....(insert your insult.) or tight azz's. Sapa is the fast track to managment. SGU's arbitors. Last year's union drive did not pass because of the california bases. SLC and DEN are pro-Union and now ORD. All others are dragging the wages and QOL to the bottom.

Straight from the Acquisition Q&A on skywest.com:

http://www.skywest.com/qa/index.php

The SkyWest, Inc. pay philosophies of being fair to employees while maintaining a competitive cost structure will be applied to both companies, but this does not necessarily mean that all pay scales will be identical. SkyWest, Inc. will be in the unique position of allocating resources, including growth aircraft to the two carriers, so it is imperative that both carriers have competitive cost structures to support future growth opportunities. Each carrier may arrive at competitive costs in different ways.

Seniorities will not be merged since the companies are independent.

There are many questions and issues regarding employee travel privileges and benefits that we will have to work through. This may take some time, and there will not be immediate answers. Our general guiding principle will be to improve wherever possible.

Jerry Atkin will serve as chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO) of SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Brad Rich will serve as chief financial officer (CFO) for SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Ron Reber will serve as president of SkyWest Airlines, while Bryan LaBrecque will serve as interim president of ASA.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
Straight from the Acquisition Q&A on skywest.com:

http://www.skywest.com/qa/index.php

The SkyWest, Inc. pay philosophies of being fair to employees while maintaining a competitive cost structure will be applied to both companies, but this does not necessarily mean that all pay scales will be identical. SkyWest, Inc. will be in the unique position of allocating resources, including growth aircraft to the two carriers, so it is imperative that both carriers have competitive cost structures to support future growth opportunities. Each carrier may arrive at competitive costs in different ways.

Seniorities will not be merged since the companies are independent.

There are many questions and issues regarding employee travel privileges and benefits that we will have to work through. This may take some time, and there will not be immediate answers. Our general guiding principle will be to improve wherever possible.

Jerry Atkin will serve as chairman of the board and chief executive officer (CEO) of SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Brad Rich will serve as chief financial officer (CFO) for SkyWest, Inc., SkyWest Airlines and ASA. Ron Reber will serve as president of SkyWest Airlines, while Bryan LaBrecque will serve as interim president of ASA.

Oh boy! There it is in Black and White. ASA guys, play nice or no more airplanes! SkyWest pilots, you guys don't have ANY say so you ARE the new whipsaw!

Forget merger, it's better for Management you two stay seperate!

S.

Latest resources

Back