• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Dullas day three: It has started

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So whats wrong with this? Sounds to me like good business. ASA wants to succeed in Dulles to grow their business. We are fat in Atlanta with dozens of guys sitting around doing nothing. Look at the reserve lists. Hardly anybody over 25 hours or so. Why not send a couple up to keep things running smoothly? You bash ASA for this?

Ill tell you why. Our scheduling dept is SO mismanaged they need 100 reserve captains to cover 300 lines. We exhaust reserves on a daily basis. I rarely sit around "doing nothing"

I am an ATL based pilot. I stayed in ATL for a reason. I could have held a pretty good line in IAD had I bid it, but I didn't!! Now I am a reserve pilot flying a crappy reserve schedule in IAD ANYWAY. You wonder why I'm pissed?

The IAD crews went to a nice training day to familiarize themselves to the United ops in IAD and ORD.

NOW due to scheduling's lack of planning and incompetence, I must TDY to IAD and operate in a system with no "familiarization class" It IS very different, and is very sloppy planning.

Wait till you take YOUR TDY turn with 6 legs between CVG and ORD. We'll see how happy you are to "help out"

Last edited:
The IAD crews went to a nice training day to familiarize themselves to the United ops in IAD and ORD.

Actually....no. Read the slides on ourasa, that is all that was discussed on the training day. In fact, they read the slides to us.

Last edited:
Actually....no. Read the slides on ourasa, that is all that was discussed on the training day. In fact, they read the slides to us.

Wow. I stand corrected. Thats some quality training right there!!

Or, differently, why not take the initiative to do whatever you can legally and contractually to get the job done? It doesn't take a leap of faith to see that a lot of ASA's future prospects will be either helped or harmed by the results of the IAD/ORD operations. Yes, reserve sucks no matter where you are, TDY or not. The definition of TDY includes the word 'temporary', though. Just get it done.

For me, it is helpful to know that contract negotiations are right around the corner.

Personally, I think statements like these are a much better place to start negotiations on our next contract:

"It is great to see people are going above and beyond to make ASA an even better place and so willing to pitch in. Thank you."

and:

"Throughout the past two years, ASA people have accomplished incredible performance feats, positioning our airline as a safe, reliable and attractive carrier to mainline partners."

What do you think?

we have 25% res coverage in IAD and still cant get it right, only around 50 flights a day. We are not doing that great of a job b/c they schedule ATL crews to operate out of ORD and due to w/x they cant get there. Already there is junior manning going on to cover trips that were scheduled to operate with atl crews. operated new service to pns 2 hours late, 28 min turns scheduled in ord. they really dont give us the tools to work with, in asa fashion we are set up to fail.

Every regional that starts with a new carrier struggles at first while they get used to things, remember there is no proactive thinking at airlines, only reactive. Im sure you guys will get it right after about a month.

Welcome to the life of a UAX regional! Get ready to pour your resources into this system that is skewed just enough to consistently fail...unless of course you are flying in the sun and rainbows of the west coast! Enjoy, it is not the ticket to anything better!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back