• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA drunk flight attendant cancels flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Al-queda's goal is to make us look stupid and turn us into a police state.....destroy us from the inside out.

Not to excuse this is any way, but....

Please, let's all recognize that alcoholism is, in fact, a diagnosable disease. I'm not saying, "Let's cut the girl some slack" by any means. However, from the perspective of someone who grew up around alcohol dependency, I would urge everyone to consider the possibility that there may have been more going on here than some nutjob flight attendant who wanted to have a drink or two.

My two cents anyway...

ps. Anyone who feels like making a reply on the order of, "learn to control the urge".... just skip it. With some people it's just not possible.

I actually know a pilot who is good friends with her. it was .032. He talked to her today after she got out of jail. They compted drinks due to a mtx delay and she saw the captain take drinks from the liquor kit and said something to him about it. It was after that that he had the plane returned to the gate. She had been drinking the night before and blew under the legal limit for a flight crew member.

Not my words but from a trusted pilot that spoke with her today.

Untrue. Per crewtrac, that flight left 20 minutes late. Per company policy, they wouldn't have been comping drinks. Enough damage has been done without trying to drag other crewmembers down, don't you think?

I KNOW THIS CAPTAIN. He flew with me many times when he was an FO. While I have not spoken with him since this incident, I seriously doubt he would have taken his own liquor stash from the galley over comped drinks. That would be a bigger shock than the idea of a drunk FA.

I KNOW THIS CAPTAIN. He flew with me many times when he was an FO. While I have not spoken with him since this incident, I seriously doubt he would have taken his own liquor stash from the galley over comped drinks. That would be a bigger shock than the idea of a drunk FA.

I personally flew with this captain as soon as he returned from LEX and didn't know him from Adam. But I can assure anyone that without a doubt that the guy wasn't the type of person to steal from the company. And I'm pretty sure that .032 is a misprint and was told that it was indeed .32.

Untrue. Per crewtrac, that flight left 20 minutes late. Per company policy, they wouldn't have been comping drinks. Enough damage has been done without trying to drag other crewmembers down, don't you think?
20 minutes late was due to an emergency call. Some lady fell down the stairs or got injured in some way. I didn't believe any off what I was told either but check the flow and it lists the reason why it was late. I have know idea why they would comp drinks. The girl is probably telling my friend fibs just to save face. Only posting what I've been told from him.

Who are you going to trust? A captain or some crazy stew that blew a .032 on the job and is trying to save her ass?

Who are you going to trust? A captain or some crazy stew that blew a .032 on the job and is trying to save her ass?

Some of the newspapers are reporting .032 which can't be right because thats not even an arrestable offense as far as I know.

Some of the newspapers are reporting .032 which can't be right because thats not even an arrestable offense as far as I know.

One article I read said she refused to be tested, which may be why she was arrested.

(I'm a poet, and didn't even know it)

Latest resources

Back