• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Denver base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW, If we get a deal done some time in the near future, it wouldn't make sense to boot ASA from LAX and recreate more labor strife.

I agree 100% However, this management doesn't seem to care about creating more labor strife, or making sense and may actually WANT it!! TRYING to get us to strike maybe?

From what I understand, the Frontier RFP was for about a dozen 700s and a bunch of Q-400s that Frontier was going to own and have someone else fly. I know that SkyWest couldn't do either of that flying out of Denver because of United (same with LA and the new ASA base) so if they bid on it and won it would be easy to put ASA in there and dodge the no-compete thing. It would definitely be a good thing for ASA. They do need something to go thier way.

Ahhhhh! That makes a little more sense. I couldn't figure out how they were gonna staff those. Thanks.

Doesnt that violate insider trading rules. I may be wrong but telling a new-hire class what "may" happen is different than a line pilot, or FA. This guy is a manager. Thoughts

D

Doesnt that violate insider trading rules. I may be wrong but telling a new-hire class what "may" happen is different than a line pilot, or FA. This guy is a manager. Thoughts

D

:laugh: Yeah, he is an IDIOT!!! Need anything else?

D

Insider trading would be taking market action based on information that is not available to the public, but is available to you because of your job or connections.

Telling people the information is not insider trading.

To lessen the negative impact from the ASA pilots of a Skywest Atlanta base, Skywest, Inc. will announce an ASA Denver base. Skywest plans on putting a dozen 900 in Atlanta soon. Also Skywest, Inc is on the record as saying that if the ASA strike, they will be "parted" out. (their words, whatever that means.)

:laugh: You say this so proudly! Fact is, we can't wait to see ya'll come to town and FEEL the PAIN of ATL!!! Come on down, it will be AWESOME!!!

Skywest has had this problem before with flying for Delta and United in the same cities and have worked them out. There are so many routes being flown now that overlap. It's just there is a limit to it and Skywest expects to get the L.A. flying sometime late next year when those talks are revisited next June. Skywest has been pretty good at getting what they want from both United and Delta.

:rolleyes: Yeah, UA is going to just magically waive their wonds and give it to you...what a load of CRAP!! By the way, you know that we will be flying about 80-100 flights a day out of SLC by April.....right!;) See ya there!

Had an Island air guy jumpseat the other day and he said they were getting the Q-400 flying for Frontier. I guess Island Air is piecing most of its flying out of Hawaii after Mesa moved in. They can't really compete and want to diversify their flying.

Had an Island air guy jumpseat the other day and he said they were getting the Q-400 flying for Frontier. I guess Island Air is piecing most of its flying out of Hawaii after Mesa moved in. They can't really compete and want to diversify their flying.

I don't know who the Island Air guy was, but apparently he has more information then the rest of the pilot group. All we know is that we will be flying Q400's somewhere West of the Mississippi and that was a quote from our CEO. The only article outside of this was in a Hawaii News article stating that we were going to fly out of Vegas. I personally doubt that we will be based in Vegas.

http://starbulletin.com/2006/10/24/business/story01.html

Latest resources

Back