ASA Crew message board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
601Pilot said:
Looking at the ALPA board, it looks like the switch by both of them was ruled as against the ALPA bylaws. Unfortunately, it doesn't say what action the union has or will take against them.

I think a crew room caning would be sufficient. Singapore style baby!

Come get it Chromer. :D

Who is to say we couldnt sign up using anyones ID and not or own?
Not that I would, but how could they prove it is actually you?

Well, I have to do a bit to put out some of this fire since I sent up the flare.

I was contacted directly via PM by the person who built the website. He disclosed his name and kindly explained his intentions were only good.

While I he is not mgt. I do not doubt the fact that anybody from the company could find their way onto the site and read the postings. I am not a webmaster, but maybe there is a way to make it more secure. Any ideas?

As I told him I dont want to kill his website, I just want everyone to think.

Thats my window on the world.

Medeco

By the way.

CS has nothing better to do than hair-a$$ people and make them think he is important. It doesnt surprise me that he is after Striker.

He truly has no real job duties other than to kiss the a$$ of top mgt peeps.

And make sure pilots are not taking too many days off.

Medeco

Medeco said:
By the way.

CS has nothing better to do than hair-a$$ people and make them think he is important. It doesnt surprise me that he is after Striker.

He truly has no real job duties other than to kiss the a$$ of top mgt peeps.

And make sure pilots are not taking too many days off.

Medeco
CS is the one who said we have READY RESERVE. It is unbeliveable that he had anything to do with our last contract. He has certainly forgoten were he came from.

He is a pilot advocate, he is a POS!

701EV

CS is useless.

On reserve I got called to do a TOL nap, but it wasn't going to be a nap because it would have been the Captain's 3rd in a row, requiring 2 days off after. That couldn't be allowed to happen so Scheduling got around it and kept the flights on schedule by turning it into a reduced rest overnight, cutting 5 minutes off the block time to TOL and giving us a 20 minute duty-in in the morning. Voila, 8 hours! We called our buddy CS about this and his reaction was basically "Oh well, what are ya gonna do". My reaction was "Are you F'ng kidding me?!?!", or something like that. It's pathetic how blatant contract violations are par for the course and seemingly encouraged around here.

What time are the GO pickets again?:mad:

bailout said:
Who is to say we couldnt sign up using anyones ID and not or own?
Not that I would, but how could they prove it is actually you?
Exactly. Lists of names matched with employee numbers and senority numbers are readily available, and I'm sure that's how the site owner "verifies" the data.

However, that doesn't stop you as signing up as anybody and causing trouble. Any scheme to verifiy identity as an ASA pilot that does not involve a face-to-face will be circumvented. And short of an invitation-only policy on the website, there's no way to keep management out.

I started to sign up, but never sent my company ID. Nothing personal against the site owner, but I don't trust people that much.

I do agree that a dedicated messageboard (with a less-restrictive sign-up policy) would be a good thing, though.

shamrock said:
CS is useless.

On reserve I got called to do a TOL nap, but it wasn't going to be a nap because it would have been the Captain's 3rd in a row, requiring 2 days off after. That couldn't be allowed to happen so Scheduling got around it and kept the flights on schedule by turning it into a reduced rest overnight, cutting 5 minutes off the block time to TOL and giving us a 20 minute duty-in in the morning. Voila, 8 hours! We called our buddy CS about this and his reaction was basically "Oh well, what are ya gonna do". My reaction was "Are you F'ng kidding me?!?!", or something like that. It's pathetic how blatant contract violations are par for the course and seemingly encouraged around here.

That's BS. Grieve it, and give Chromer your love.

shamrock said:
CS is useless.

I'm not sure how it may help, since this was originally a nap, with no real "duty in" at the out station, but I know there was a recent grievance victory that basically says scheduling clerks can't reduce the time between duty in and departure for their convenience. If you need 8.0 or 9.0hrs and they push duty in back, they can't keep the original departure time and give you less time for preflight safety issues.

Call one of the ACC types, they will be able to tell you what your options are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back