ASA Crew message board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medeco said:
I am a bit reluctant to give my employee # to a website I know nothing about.

It could be a very good guy with great intentions, but in this day of technology I am worried that this is similar to the asacontract.com website that has no mention that it is a company website.

Just be careful.

Medeco
I have to agree.

Until you know exactly who this info is going to, I'd be VERY careful.

Back in the day, we actually had a probationary pilot fired for his posts on a website.

Big Bubba was watching...............

Be VERY careful.

My gut instinct is that this is a company attempt to get union conversations into a forum they can monitor.

Ever since the MEC placed all chief pilots in Executive Inactive status, management's access to the ALPA message board has been reduced. I suspect they are setting this board up to keep track of what is said and who says it. The tip off is the employee number. They may say it's to verify you're an ASA pilot, but there are other ways.

I would not be surprised one bit to see us back to the bad old days of pilots getting called into the CP office to stand trial for things they said online. It used to be that way with this board, and the old Will Fly For Food Board (no relation to yours truly). I can name several pilots who were called in for saying deragatory things about ASA here, or for posting interiew gouge.

Management lurks here at Flightinfo. I heard Chromer say that he was going to "get" the pilot who calls himself "Ted Striker" here. They would very much like to figure out what our handles are here. That's why the new board could be so dangerous.

Unless the webmaster there can guarantee anonymity, I won't use it. I suspect that it's a managment supported board, and even if it's not, I guarantee management will lurk there. We should be very careful not to talk about anything we wouldn't want management to hear, especially in these open forums.

ifly4food said:
Be VERY careful.

My gut instinct is that this is a company attempt to get union conversations into a forum they can monitor.

Ever since the MEC placed all chief pilots in Executive Inactive status, management's access to the ALPA message board has been reduced. I suspect they are setting this board up to keep track of what is said and who says it. The tip off is the employee number. They may say it's to verify you're an ASA pilot, but there are other ways.

I would not be surprised one bit to see us back to the bad old days of pilots getting called into the CP office to stand trial for things they said online. It used to be that way with this board, and the old Will Fly For Food Board (no relation to yours truly). I can name several pilots who were called in for saying deragatory things about ASA here, or for posting interiew gouge.

Management lurks here at Flightinfo. I heard Chromer say that he was going to "get" the pilot who calls himself "Ted Striker" here. They would very much like to figure out what our handles are here. That's why the new board could be so dangerous.

Unless the webmaster there can guarantee anonymity, I won't use it. I suspect that it's a managment supported board, and even if it's not, I guarantee management will lurk there. We should be very careful not to talk about anything we wouldn't want management to hear, especially in these open forums.
I'll put my money on Striker; Chromer and Chuck couldn't find their way out of a paper bag.

601Pilot said:
I'll put my money on Striker; Chromer and Chuck couldn't find their way out of a paper bag.

Oh, don't worry, I know Striker and he's in no danger. However, Chromer thinking that he can "get him" is pretty dam funny.

ifly4food said:
Ever since the MEC placed all chief pilots in Executive Inactive status

Honest question...Excuse my ignorance here, but did this just happen recently and is this why former CP DH quit? Further, what exactly does that mean?

Means they are inactive members. Question- are all admin and mgmt pilots in this status?

Kind of off the subject, but I'm curious what everyone thinks about having 2 former ALPA reps jump to the CP office soon after their terms ended. Haven't dealt with MW, but I've flown with CV and he seems OK. Unfortunately this job has brought me to a new level of suspicion and pessimism so I kind of wonder.

Last edited:
My experiences dealing with MW have been nothing but good. He's well-informed and a great guy.

shamrock said:
Kind of off the subject, but I'm curious what everyone thinks about having 2 former ALPA reps jump to the CP office soon after their terms ended. Haven't dealt with MW, but I've flown with CV and he seems OK. Unfortunately this job has brought me to a new level of suspicion and pessimism so I kind of wonder.
Looking at the ALPA board, it looks like the switch by both of them was ruled as against the ALPA bylaws. Unfortunately, it doesn't say what action the union has or will take against them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back