• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Crew food

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
give a pilot 2 burlap sacs with dollar sign on it and im sure they will complain about how heavy they are:rolleyes:

This meal tastes like.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hummus and crackers with lemon peppered tuna medely!!!!

While I think that most FA's are just taking the meals like a company sponsored overnight meal and as an entitlement etc, I would also point out that they are still dealing with contract negotiations. Would we as a pilot group have been so considerate of the company and the meals' intended purpose if we had them pre-contract?

True. Good point.

However, what happens when a crew really needs that Mini Meal to make a departure and it's not there?

I agree with you, believe me, and thought of that while writing my life story 4 posts ago. At least we were considerate of the FAs and mechanics during our "issues".

true. I would say carry one with you for when you do need it for its intended purpose. The FA's won't stop taking them. It's like carrying the $75, err, $10 ACARS paper in your flight case.

While I think that most FA's are just taking the meals like a company sponsored overnight meal and as an entitlement etc, I would also point out that they are still dealing with contract negotiations. Would we as a pilot group have been so considerate of the company and the meals' intended purpose if we had them pre-contract?

You are validating "self-entitlement" excuses. Please, quit coming up with the excuse for the week!

There is an intended purpose for these meals. Another crew that follows them, that meets the intended purpose, will not have the opportunity to dine sufficiently! I have seen them removed by crewmembers that were about to have 2 hour breaks, and they were so inconsiderate, they did not even reorder the meals--probably so as not to incriminate themselves.

The heck with the rif, the next time I see a crew member carry one off, I will axed them wutz up and make a citizen's arrest, just like Barney Fife!

Last edited:
You are validating "self-entitlement" excuses. Please, quit coming up with the excuse for the week!

Barney was a cop, his would have been a regular arrest. Did you even read the first line of my previous post? I think it is BS, but I would point out that the many of the pilot group would have made excuses for entitlement pre-contract if we had the meals then.

It's amazing to me how much money I see people waste while flying.

Extending flaps when there really is no need 15 to 20 miles from the runway. One guy wanted to put flaps out because he was uncomfortable with the "high" deck angle. (4 degrees) The 200 will not fall out of the sky if your above maneuvering speed.

starting both engines at the gate because there "doesn't look like a line" at 8R, but then by the time we get there, were 10 for departure.

When departing an outstation and getting vectored the wrong way, and speeding up to 250 kts. I know its the profile...but were going the wrong way! I maintain 200 or less until the aircraft is turned toward our route (increase climb performance and better turn radius)

Taxiing into the gate on 2 engines, or shutting one off just as we approach the roadway.

Always running the APU no matter what the pax load or temperature is. If they don't brief it I always shut it down. You should see some of the looks I get.

Also, if its cold out...don't start the APU immediatly after landing, wait to you approach the gate, and then spin it. Every minute helps.

And it is permissible to taxi on 1 engine with the APU off...Most captains I fly with are uncomfortable with that configuration.

Descending early into thicker air and lower TAS.

Folks, in the days of 120 barrel oil, I'm much more concerned about reducing fuel usage, than chasing a flight attendant around for a $2.85 meal.

Anybody else got some fuel savings tips?

It's amazing to me how much money I see people waste while flying.

Extending flaps when there really is no need 15 to 20 miles from the runway. One guy wanted to put flaps out because he was uncomfortable with the "high" deck angle. (4 degrees) The 200 will not fall out of the sky if your above maneuvering speed.

starting both engines at the gate because there "doesn't look like a line" at 8R, but then by the time we get there, were 10 for departure.

When departing an outstation and getting vectored the wrong way, and speeding up to 250 kts. I know its the profile...but were going the wrong way! I maintain 200 or less until the aircraft is turned toward our route (increase climb performance and better turn radius)

Taxiing into the gate on 2 engines, or shutting one off just as we approach the roadway.

Always running the APU no matter what the pax load or temperature is. If they don't brief it I always shut it down. You should see some of the looks I get.

Also, if its cold out...don't start the APU immediatly after landing, wait to you approach the gate, and then spin it. Every minute helps.

And it is permissible to taxi on 1 engine with the APU off...Most captains I fly with are uncomfortable with that configuration.

Descending early into thicker air and lower TAS.

Folks, in the days of 120 barrel oil, I'm much more concerned about reducing fuel usage, than chasing a flight attendant around for a $2.85 meal.

Anybody else got some fuel savings tips?

Yeah! Don't cut off the APU unless the Captain concurs. You would only do it once on my flight!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back