• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Crew food

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give it time. As soon as the company realizes that Flight Attendants are taking these on their overnights, or gate agents are taking them off of planes, the program will go away.

The real shame will be when we have to buy our own food in the terminal, and we realize the Moo Moo Mr. Cow deal is gone.

I think you guys need to step back and realize that those "meals" are not a gift and they are not being provided out of goodwill by the company.

Crewmembers need nutrition to operate airplanes, period. Giving you food keeps the airplanes moving. They wouldn't dispatch you with no fuel for the jet right? Same goes for the crew. Giving you meals allows them to build a more productive schedule and not have it fall apart due to the pilots running out of gas.

Even if some of the snack packs go to the hotel or to the rampies, it's not really that big a deal compared to the cost of misconnects, bumping, and rebooking hundreds of pax a day.

AhhhAAhhh,
Who cares? My dog loves the jerkey treat red boxes and the yellow a$$flavored tuna kits too! If they wanna run the schedules so tight they gotta feed us expired UAL meals who cares who/what eats them. As for single engine taxi, no apu, that will last only until a hydraulic failure takes the brakes and steering away and a plane enters the terminal uninvited! Keep decreasing the safety margins, why carry so much fuel? How 'bout burn + 100lbs, no sense tankering too much "dead" weight around, how 'bout getting rid of those genius F/Os who want to taxi single engine, no APU. Or even better offer F/As free flight training in exchange for cabin service, they stay in the cockpit till 10000ft, then serve cokes till 10000ft, back to the cockpit. Or even better F/Os will now do cabin service above 10000ft.
Genius
PBR

They is maid by Skippy.... he went to duh Bahamas and dun bankrupt his new job, so he now makin' sammitches for ASA..... itz Karma Bouyyyyyyyy......

Got a good laugh out of that one Crash... good job.

Wish we had the snack packs at NWA, but then again I kind of cringe when I think of the folks making our lunches.

Remember why the company is getting you snack packs.... because they want/need you to keep the engines turning and keep a schedule that wasn't realistic to begin with and magically make it realistic.

They aren't a privilege, the company has to give them to you. it's a way to keep you in the cockpit and not being unsafe with low food intake causing an unsafe cockpit and decision making process.

AhhhAAhhh,
As for single engine taxi, no apu, that will last only until a hydraulic failure takes the brakes and steering away and a plane enters the terminal uninvited!

Um, you do know something about CRJ systems right? You do single engine taxi on #2 right?

AhhhAAhhh,
Who cares? My dog loves the jerkey treat red boxes and the yellow a$$flavored tuna kits too! If they wanna run the schedules so tight they gotta feed us expired UAL meals who cares who/what eats them. As for single engine taxi, no apu, that will last only until a hydraulic failure takes the brakes and steering away and a plane enters the terminal uninvited! Keep decreasing the safety margins, why carry so much fuel? How 'bout burn + 100lbs, no sense tankering too much "dead" weight around, how 'bout getting rid of those genius F/Os who want to taxi single engine, no APU. Or even better offer F/As free flight training in exchange for cabin service, they stay in the cockpit till 10000ft, then serve cokes till 10000ft, back to the cockpit. Or even better F/Os will now do cabin service above 10000ft.
Genius
PBR
Idiot. Damn!

Um, you do know something about CRJ systems right? You do single engine taxi on #2 right?
Yeah,
And when #2 quits, that leaves how many powering the pumps? ADG will power what at 10 kts?
Thought so!
I say positive rate, gear up, you say gear up, nothing more, nothing less.
PBR
Now shut up and do as you are told!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back