• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Crew food

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dont worry...they will be gone soon! Almost every single time I pick up a plane from another crew going to the hotel....at least one of the flight attendants takes a crew meal with them to the hotel. Or even better....we have a 2 hour break in ATL....I leave to go grab some Moe's and come back to find the FA in the back eating a crew meal. I say something to them everytime and just get a dirty look. I have submitted RIF's everytime I see this happen (without specific names mentioned of coarse, not trying to throw anyone under the bus). I realize the FA's aren't paid for crap....but we have to stop them from thinking these crew meals are theirs to take to the hotel, have on 2 hour breaks, and to take home with them or we are going to lose the crew meals. I think the crew meals are an outstanding idea and I have utilized them many times on short turns. I do not want to see these go away.

Is anyone else noticing the FA's taking the crew meals?

WOW!!!You must be a joy to fly with. Chill out. They don't have any money. If you want to fix the problem, pay for their dinner. Until then, please get a life.
You won't loose your crew meals. Don't worry.

If there is one thing that place can do it is let you have a GD snack pack whaen you want it. I hope the F/A's are writting your arse up when you take a water to the overnight ar anything else.

Man pilots are hard to please. We didn't have anything before and now that we got something for nothing, all you can do is complain about the quality! Its like being given a free car and complaining about the color.

Man pilots are hard to please. We didn't have anything before and now that we got something for nothing, all you can do is complain about the quality! Its like being given a free car and complaining about the color.

Out of 15 posts so far, there has only been one that can be considered even remotely negative towards the crew meals.

Everything else you said, I agree with.

-Brett

Dont worry...they will be gone soon! Almost every single time I pick up a plane from another crew going to the hotel....at least one of the flight attendants takes a crew meal with them to the hotel. Or even better....we have a 2 hour break in ATL....I leave to go grab some Moe's and come back to find the FA in the back eating a crew meal. I say something to them everytime and just get a dirty look. I have submitted RIF's everytime I see this happen (without specific names mentioned of coarse, not trying to throw anyone under the bus). I realize the FA's aren't paid for crap....but we have to stop them from thinking these crew meals are theirs to take to the hotel, have on 2 hour breaks, and to take home with them or we are going to lose the crew meals. I think the crew meals are an outstanding idea and I have utilized them many times on short turns. I do not want to see these go away.

Wow, am I glad I'm not flying with this guy! I bet you buy your own water, ice, soda, peanuts, and hand wipes too.

If the company is paying retail for the Oakfield products each mini meal costs $2.85 for the blue ones, and $2.36 for the red ones. I'd be willing to bet we get a wholesale discount off these prices. As long as the company pays these girls welfare wages, I'm not getting too worked up about it, especially at these prices.

the thing that needs to be RIFed more often if you're worried about losing the crew snacks is the fact is they are being taken off the airplane by station personnel at the outstations. Had this happen twice. And saw a gate agent in ATL also eating one......

I wish we had gorditas....

Until a few months ago, ASA did have Gorditas. I was often tempted to tell the brain trust at the G.O. to eat me, but never got around to it. I came close once with Drew B. but decided that it was too small of a world with too long left to work.

Glad to hear that Uncle Rico has made some positive changes. I always said that ASA had a lot of potential - I just hope that they didn't wait to long to figure that out.

Yup, just about every day of every new trip. I'm flying with different ones all the time, and it's always the same. I get offered them on the first leg of a trip, regardless of the length of trip (day line or 4 day) and regardless of break time in between legs. I've said something until my face turns blue, basically because these are for "emergency purposes" to make a turn and keep things on schedule, not for personal consumption at will. The other day I had an FA take 2 of them with her to the hotel for the overnight. I didn't see it until we were at the hotel and she thought nothing of it.

It's amazing how easy it is to tell between the adults & kids on this site and the difference in generation gap & upbringing, just by the comments. The "it's mine and I deserve it" attitude is troubling and old. If you're not using it for what it was intended for, then it's not yours. Outright abuse of anything should be grounds for immediate dismissal.

Water on the overnight, soda on the overnight, wipes, etc. are all expected to be taken by the company and have never been questioned unless it's an excessive amount. They are provided to the customers (notice I didn't say passengers, because customers pay my paycheck) in an unlimited quantity and are expected to be consumed. The company has never put a limit on items for customer consumption nor crew consumption. However, these Mini Meals have a specific purpose, and that is to save a D-0 departure in lieu of taking a break. They are not intended to replace nourishment, which is what FAs are using them for.

Their pay is not my issue until it gets to be crunch time like it was for us last year. When an FA tells me that they need help in negotiations, I'm there because maintenance issues happen, especially at outstations. They tolerated us, and I'll pay it back in a heartbeat.

"It's mine, I saw it first" is part of the "Toddler's Creed" and anyone with kids knows what I'm talking about. The real shame is when a crew actually needs the Mini Meal to try to save a D-0 departure and there isn't one available because too many people abused the system. If it keeps up, the company will probably axe the program due to the cost.

What would you tell your kid or spouse if they were downing a 12 pack of Coke a day at $4 a case and your income was tight? Things that make you go Hmmmmm.......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back