• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Crew food

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Barney was a cop, his would have been a regular arrest. Did you even read the first line of my previous post? I think it is BS, but I would point out that the many of the pilot group would have made excuses for entitlement pre-contract if we had the meals then.

You must be married to a F/A! Pilots are perfect and the world revolves around us.HAHA

Wow, am I glad I'm not flying with this guy! I bet you buy your own water, ice, soda, peanuts, and hand wipes too.

If the company is paying retail for the Oakfield products each mini meal costs $2.85 for the blue ones, and $2.36 for the red ones. I'd be willing to bet we get a wholesale discount off these prices. As long as the company pays these girls welfare wages, I'm not getting too worked up about it, especially at these prices.

It doesn't matter whether they cost $2.85 or $75 like the thermal paper for the ACARS. They are intended for use by the crews that don't get breaks for long periods--not the ones that have two hour breaks, the ones that give them to the Rampers, or the ones that carry them home to their kids for lunch. The interesting thing is that they want even reorder them after they haul them off.

Welfare wages? Don't take the job! There must be plenty of people willing to work for those wages--they keep hiring them!

Here is where it really gets bad. Tonight I watched a COMAIR F/A hand her catering order to the ramper and low and behold she stocked three of OUR D-O Mini Meals on board their CRJ-700 parked on the top of D concourse. After boarding to ask the captain to ride his jumpseat about half an hour later I entered the cockpit and the CA and FO had the mini meals by their light kits and he F/A was chowing down on hers in the back. I asked her about it and she proceeded to tell me how she thought they were the greatest idea and that she wondered why she could only order them in ATL. DUH.... B/C They don't belong to you. The worst part is that she then told me that she had told all her other F/A friends to be sure to order the crew meals and bring them back to CVG. WTF!!!!! I RIF'd that one like it was going out of style!

The worst part is that she then told me that she had told all her other F/A friends to be sure to order the crew meals and bring them back to CVG. WTF!!!!!

The last part is def. the worst part. They come out of our budget and there's a limited supply.

I don't feel as rotten about another pilot eating when they probably need it. Either way, better Comair than Freedom stealing our food.

Good thing you RIF'd it. That could have gotten out of control fast.

Why, oh why, are the pilots having to RIF everything that goes on at this airline? Isn't that what managers are for? To manage the airline and the day-to-day operations so we can concentrate on flying?

Why, oh why, are the pilots having to RIF everything that goes on at this airline? Isn't that what managers are for? To manage the airline and the day-to-day operations so we can concentrate on flying?

How else are they going to know about what goes on on-line?

Managers aren't there to manage day-to-day operations. They are there to sit at desks and shoot the sh*t with each other.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back