• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract PROGRESS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy you guys sure get angry when you have to hear the truth. Even the most hardcore ALPA member knows that your contract never expires. You negotiate until your released. The idea of retro pay is absolute insanity. ALPA has made many outrageous demands over the years. Their hardball tactics are now backfiring. Backpay was given before because they could hold airlines hostage. That hostage ability no longer exists. Sorry guys its not the glory days anymore. Deal with it. Part of the ALPA problem is living in the past.

Duh Angelo

D'Angelo said:
Boy you guys sure get angry when you have to hear the truth. Even the most hardcore ALPA member knows that your contract never expires. You negotiate until your released. The idea of retro pay is absolute insanity. ALPA has made many outrageous demands over the years. Their hardball tactics are now backfiring. Backpay was given before because they could hold airlines hostage. That hostage ability no longer exists. Sorry guys its not the glory days anymore. Deal with it. Part of the ALPA problem is living in the past.

Look who's back, Flightinfo's own version of the Village Idiot!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
scarlet said:
anyone ever had a GHQ gate agent in any city or rampers load their plane...??

All the TSA 145 pilots in STL have, they did it for a long time.

D'Angelo said:
Backpay was given before because they could hold airlines hostage. That hostage ability no longer exists.

XJT got retro in '04, we couldn't hold anybody hostage and still got it.

007 said:
XJT got retro in '04, we couldn't hold anybody hostage and still got it.

You pretty much had CO by the cajones since XJT is the only major RJ feeder. If you guys had gone on strike, it would have paralyzed CO. CO management didn't appreciate this fact which is why CHQ is being added as a CO feeder.

As for the ASA guys, it's going to be a tough road.

D'angelo, to say that a pilot group does't deserve retro is a poor choice of words don't you think. I for one, would love to have 100% retro pay from the time our contract became amendable. However, let's be realistic. In the race to the bottom world we are in and with fuel price set to reach all time highs, I wouldn't hold my breath on that issue.

If our MEC was listening at all, we will get QOL improvements (most of which costs the Co nothing), profit sharing and a pay scale similar to SKW.

Fly Safe...

scarlet said:
Yeah as we pay gate agents and rampers to load CHQ flights--we pay health care cose--hourly wages --401k--sick time for all the ground staff but CHQ has no one to pay but the pilots....I don't know how they can under cut everyone=-----I do--we are providing all the ground support and they pay us NOTHING for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BS anyone ever had a GHQ gate agent in any city or rampers load their plane...??

Just like ASA doesn't pay anyone for ramp service in CVG (or at any other Comair/Skywest/DAL station for that matter)?

Just because they don't directly employ the rampers doesn't mean that they don't pay them. I'll wager that ASA bills CHQ for all that ramp service.

MedFlyer said:
You pretty much had CO by the cajones since XJT is the only major RJ feeder. If you guys had gone on strike, it would have paralyzed CO. CO management didn't appreciate this fact which is why CHQ is being added as a CO feeder.

As for the ASA guys, it's going to be a tough road.
I'll call BS on that, do you honestly think the current admin. would have releseased us to self help? It would have taken a few more years in negotiation and then mediation. The only reason we got a contract was that managment did not want this around when the CPA negotiations came around. A lot of good that did.

FixNFly said:
Those who really need to know can go to the ASA ALPA site & read it. No need for management to see everyones opinion. Like it or not, the only thing management needs to here right now is "my union speaks for me". Everything else only gives them more reason to try to fracture the pilot group. (not that they have done a good job up until now!)

The point being - if you work for ASA and you want to discuss the contract, do it on the private (well, semi-private) site. Not one that BL and JA can read.

Why not let BOTH the union and management know how the line pilots feel. This "my union speaks for me" is BS. Neither management nor ALPA speak for me - I speak for myself. I don't trust ANYONE who tries to silence public opinion. Are you saying that ALPA is always honest? If so, I have some swamp land I would like to sell you.

Progress is being made and that is a good thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back